What is the "Taste Bar" on the Conquest

VacaLovers2

Complimentary appetizers served 5:30pm-8:30pm several evenings during the cruise. They are "tastes" for several different restaurants, not all of which are actually on Carnival Conquest. The Taste Bar is located on Promenade deck. Days, times, and themes are listed in the Fun Times. Some are very tasty, such as the one pictured below. :)

DSC_0729_DxO.jpg

DSC_0842_DxO.jpg

DSC_0848_DxO.jpg

DSC_0851_DxO.jpg

I posted more Taste Bar and lots of Conquest pictures in a recent review here:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1760811

This will be my second cruise...I AM HOOKED!!! I am also new to this site. I will check it out. You are the first person I have seen that will be on the same cruise. Of course I have not been on 'Roll Call". I am going to go look now.

THANK YOU!

This is one of the great new places I look forward to trying on Conquest...Of course....Blue Iguana and Guys will create the first problem I face on this cruise...WHERE TO EAT FIRST!!!

If you have 6:00 dining in the dining room, be sure to show up early to get in line for the taste bar. On the Triumph, there was a very long line already formed before 5:30. I didn't bother, since I needed to meet up with the rest of my party to go to dinner. The line could possibly move quick, but it was very popular. I did get the $5 blue margarita that was being sold as a special during that time right next to the taste bar.

Edited by k2excursion

On ships wih a Taste Bar, sushi is now at the Lido Buffet.

We tried to get sushi a couple of weeks ago. We went up to the Lido, but they just had 2 types, and none of the fun condiments. I am vegetarian, and was always able to get vegetarian sushi before. On the Lido, there was a sign identifying one of the two types as vegetarian. However the sign was erroneous, as the sushi had seafood in it.

• 4 years later...

Some ships like the Conquest have a Sushi counter in the lido buffet where you can get several different kinds of sushi. It is at a minimal cost though. I LOVE their California roll. You can get one very large roll for like $5. It is very nicely done and makes a meal by itself.

The Conquest also has the Seafood shack on the very back deck opposite side from pizza. Also items here are a small fee but they have quite the selection.

Many ships offer these alternative dinning options that are an added extra slight fee. Make sure to check them out.