Conquest day after dry dock

NanaBell

Hello everyone, I have a simple question to anyone that has cruised "right after a dry dock"

We are getting ready to book the Conquest for October of 2017 ....but the only date in October that is doing the itinerary that we want is the one that is due to sail the NEXT day after she comes out of dry dock. So my question is has anyone had their cruise delayed or cancelled because the ship was not ready when they said it would be? I called my PVP to ask and she said "no, it will be fine"... but...? really want a opinion from all of you who have had this experience. Thank You!

We sailed the day after the last time the Conquest was in dry dock. While most things were up and running ok, they did have some technical issues with the shows that required cancelling them the first night. Other then that, we had no issues or saw any. I would not let being the first sailing after dry dock to stop me from sailing on a ship.

I just read where a few (4 posts maybe) stated it was a big concern of theirs. I actually never thought of it. I was thinking it would be all new and refurbished... Just then I read all of their conversations and so I had to ask. Didn't sound like they actually experienced it before though, ;)

Hello everyone, I have a simple question to anyone that has cruised "right after a dry dock"

We are getting ready to book the Conquest for October of 2017 ....but the only date in October that is doing the itinerary that we want is the one that is due to sail the NEXT day after she comes out of dry dock. So my question is has anyone had their cruise delayed or cancelled because the ship was not ready when they said it would be? I called my PVP to ask and she said "no, it will be fine"... but...? really want a opinion from all of you who have had this experience. Thank You!

We've booked the Conquest for the second sailing after dry dock and I have the same concerns. I've asked the same question on this topic and what I've been told is that it depends on how extensive the renovations are.

At some point they will announce their intended renovations so that will help in making our plans. We were on the Conquest this past June and they have Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina, the rum and tequila bars, so hopefully the repairs will be minor.

We sailed on Triumph on the first sailing after drydock. The ship was fine but there were issues with new staff and a wait team that was new to each other. It wasn't that big a deal. They had a great big hoopla with a bunch of local dignitaries to celebrate the ships return to NOLA which meant that boarding started a little later than normal but Carnival did send an email telling everyone that it would not start until noon. I know they send these a lot but this time it was true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We've booked the Conquest for the second sailing after dry dock and I have the same concerns. I've asked the same question on this topic and what I've been told is that it depends on how extensive the renovations are.

At some point they will announce their intended renovations so that will help in making our plans. We were on the Conquest this past June and they have Guys Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina, the rum and tequila bars, so hopefully the repairs will be minor.

Maybe a Serenity Deck? That is the only 2.0 she did not get yet I do believe:)

• 4 weeks later...

Not delayed or cancelled, but we've seen things that were not finished and being worked on while the cruise progressed.

We sailed on the Carnival Freedom immediately following a drydock and I was disappointed. There were many things that were not completed during drydock that were subsequently completed during our cruise. I would never book a cruise immediately following a drydock again.

The pool slide was down for the entire week as it was being re-sealed and re-painted. Portions of the mini golf area were closed off due to continued construction. Large areas of several outside decks were blocked off - supply pallets filled the decks. Etc, etc.

I never recommend doing a sailing immediately before or after a drydock. The drydock are only 2 weeks and there is always prep work to be done before and finishing work and offload after... it is not a matter of IF there is work still going on, but rather HOW MUCH is left and what impact it will have... go with the right attitude and u will,be ok, just don't expect everything to be perfect.... I personally avoid these cruises as lessons learned!

I never recommend doing a sailing immediately before or after a drydock. The drydock are only 2 weeks and there is always prep work to be done before and finishing work and offload after... it is not a matter of IF there is work still going on, but rather HOW MUCH is left and what impact it will have... go with the right attitude and u will,be ok, just don't expect everything to be perfect.... I personally avoid these cruises as lessons learned!

Unless there is a good reason to do that ship that week after drydock why sail on an "unfinished" ship?

Would be disappointed for example if we couldnt use the slide all week.

Cruised Celebrity once after dry dock. We had some unfinished areas but it was not really a big deal. I won’t sail Celebrity again out of dry dock Carnival on the other hand I wouldn’t worry about it at all, they've done it way too many times.

We were look at that cruise too but decided Halloween would be a little more fun, we'll be cruising the Conquest a couple weeks after you.

I have sailed directly after dry dock. Everything went smoothly and the ship was beautiful. I did notice a few "kinks" that they worked out with new things not running like they should but it was repaired quickly and otherwise it was a perfect cruise.

Conquest just came out of a short drydock where they put in Guy's BBQ and a pay for fish joint.

Don't think it's a Guy's BBQ. It will be in the location of the old Fish n Chips on deck 10.

Guy's Pig and Anchor would be outside because they use wood smokers.

Don't think it's a Guy's BBQ. It will be in the location of the old Fish n Chips on deck 10.

Guy's Pig and Anchor would be outside because they use wood smokers.

Not sure it's guys...but is a BBQ. The Seafood Shack ($) is in the opposite corner from the Pizza.

Not sure it's guys...but is a BBQ. The Seafood Shack ($) is in the opposite corner from the Pizza.

It's officially called Ol' Fashioned BBQ and is currently unique to Conquest. I liked the beef most by a small margin, then the pork, then the chicken.

It is not called Seafood "Shack," but Seafood "Corner," and it is smaller than the former.