Gluten Free on Eclipse?

TravelKnitter

My husband and I recently returned from a 14-day New England/Canada on Summit. I have acute gluten sensitivity, and my experience eating gluten free on the Summit was good.

Our next cruise is on the Eclipse, and I'd like to hear from those who needed to dine gluten free on the Eclipse, specifically. Any problems? Anything outstanding?

1- Were you able to eat in Blu or at the specialty restaurants without issue?

2- Did the buffet have a gluten-free pizza option? Was the GF pizza enjoyable? (It was only fair on the Summit.)

3- If you are highly reactive to gluten, did you try eating at the buffet? What was your experience?

4- How were the desserts?

5- Anything else!

Thank you.

Edited by TravelKnitter

• 5 months later...

It wasn't on the Eclipse but this March on the Silhouette in every specialty restaurant we went to the fist thing the waiter asked the table was if anyone had any dietary issues or allergies. We had one how had a shellfish allergy and they made sure that her food was not cross contaminated. I've had nothing but good service when travelling with people who have food allergies or dietary restrictions (my niece was on the Summit the year before and is gluten-free).

Was on the Eclipse last weekend. I am not gluten intolerant so cannot answer anything re speciality or MDR but remember seeing a section in the buffet area that was separate and marked up Gluten free, there was some breads and other bits on it.

• 1 month later...

We were on Constellation last year and my adult daughter is celiac. They couldn't of been more helpful. In the MDR they had GF bread awaiting when we sat down and the waiter showed her the next nights menu giving her her options in advance. There is GF bread in the buffeted GF cakes in the cafe. She never went hungry and had plenty of options. :)

It wasn't on the Eclipse but this March on the Silhouette in every specialty restaurant we went to the fist thing the waiter asked the table was if anyone had any dietary issues or allergies. We had one how had a shellfish allergy and they made sure that her food was not cross contaminated. I've had nothing but good service when travelling with people who have food allergies or dietary restrictions (my niece was on the Summit the year before and is gluten-free).

Thank you!

We were on Constellation last year and my adult daughter is celiac. They couldn't of been more helpful. In the MDR they had GF bread awaiting when we sat down and the waiter showed her the next nights menu giving her her options in advance. There is GF bread in the buffeted GF cakes in the cafe. She never went hungry and had plenty of options. :)

Thanks so much.

All the eating venues have some GF options. But the usual cross-contamination risk is always present.

Hank

Agreed. Sadly, this is a problem for me. The MDR, Blu, and even the speciality restaurants were good for me on the last trip.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Have been on Equinox twice, last time November 2016. I have to eat gluten free. Everything is labeled in Buffet, there are a few desserts and bread. Pizza was horrible, pasta was good. Cafe Al Bacio has GF Macaroons but by Day 5 they get boring...same kind every day! MDR has allergies listed on menu, Luminae does not. I love lamb and it always has a gluten crust, therefore ask the night before that you want it the next day. You can ask for the next days menus at dinner and they will try to accommodate you for the next day if something special you want. Desserts get boring even though creme brûlée is my favorite. Several nights the waiter brought me different sorbets that were wonderful.

I will be on Equinox next week. I will be bringing my own GF bagels for breakfast to go with smoked salmon.

We had our anniversary at Murano and they made me a gf chocolate torte that was out of this world - delicious and beautiful!