Camp Ocean- Conquest

Hi Everyone!

This summer we are traveling on the Conquest with our family (in laws, cousins, etc). We've sailed on Carnival in the past but my children were too young for the kids club. My older son is now 4 and so he will be in the Penguins. Can anyone give me an idea of the activities that go on in there? My son is very social and goes to school so thats not an issue. I'm just curious about what they do. We only have kids club experience on Royal Caribbean.

Also, do the age groups ever combine? His cousins are 8 and 6, so in the next age group up. I'm wondering if he'll see them at all or do they keep them completely separated? It's okay if he doesn't, just curiosity.

I REALLY wish Carnival had a nursery like Royal does. We're bringing our youngest, who will be 7 months old at the time. Not meant to be a dig in any way, we've enjoyed each of our past Carnival cruises, but that nursery makes things so much easier to get at least one night of mom and dad time ;) So Carnival Execs... if you're listening, ehem. Nursery, next ship you build, thanks!

but that nursery makes things so much easier to get at least one night of mom and dad time ;)
Isn't that why you're bringing the in-laws? :D

I can't be absolutely certain because our son is Club O2 age, but I don't think any of them interact with one another.

Here's the forum search results for Camp Ocean threads. You might find some good info there. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=105128590

Hi Everyone!

Also, do the age groups ever combine? His cousins are 8 and 6, so in the next age group up. I'm wondering if he'll see them at all or do they keep them completely separated? It's okay if he doesn't, just curiosity.

IIRC they combine for night owls, but not during the day. Enjoy your cruise!! :)

Isn't that why you're bringing the in-laws? :D

I can't be absolutely certain because our son is Club O2 age, but I don't think any of them interact with one another.

Here's the forum search results for Camp Ocean threads. You might find some good info there. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/search.php?searchid=105128590

We have to share them with the other "grandkids" ;p

At least we have the connecting door with them. Maybe I'll throw my kids in their room and then shut my door!!! :evilsmile:

Thank you for the link!

They have babysitting available for children under 2, there is an extra cost:

Activities

Children under-2 may not participate in the scheduled activities we offer to the other age groups. There are no age exceptions to this policy.

Hours

Hours may vary due to cruise itineraries

• Sea Days: Under-2 time is scheduled from 8:00am-10:00am. During this time, parents have the option of leaving their child in the care of the Youth Staff (Fees apply: $6.75 USD per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child) – OR – during this time, parents can stay and use the Camp Ocean facilities at no charge. Please note that this time is designated for the use of Under 2’s and their parents only.
  • Port Days: Care for infants begins from 15 minutes before the first tour until 12:00 noon (or from 1:00pm until 5:00pm for ships arriving in port after noon time). Port Days are for drop off only. Fees Apply: $6.75 USD per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child.

Nightly

Night Owls - for details and fees, see NightOwls (babysitting)

• Babysitting is available from 10:00pm to 1:00am. During this time, there will be children from other age groups (2-11 years) participating in Night Owls. Fees Apply: $6.75 USD per hour plus a 15% gratuity, per child.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1077/session/L2F2LzEvdGltZS8xNDkxNTE1OTQ4L3NpZC9mVW5IQnRpakI5VlBVQm5MajhvSHJ2RV9hWGNDOXd2UmJtUEJ6a0N5MjMyVVVjdVJIbmNRMGxpOVlUZ216d1dLODlXYUh2a290YWFFWnQ1ZXhmdFhGNWk4cGdneFk4SnNndW03bHJvTkFpVE9Pem1JX3NnWEpnVXclMjElMjE%3D

They have babysitting available for children under 2, there is an extra cost:

We tried the babysitting for our older son when we were on the Breeze and it didnt work out so well. He was the only kid there and they didnt know what to do with him and so he cried. They called us after a few minutes to pick him up. :(

We have cruised several times over the summer and spring break and was on the Conquest last June. My ow 7 year old loves the camp on Carnival and last June they did not combine the groups during the day because there were many kids on the ship. It normally depends on the number of kids. For the night program she loves to go to the parties that are late and sometimes she is wiped out asleep and other times she is up and not wanting to leave.

My oldest is now in Circle C and is 14 and prefers Carnival over RCCL for the teen program. She knows to go that first night because the kids get into groups then and it is harder to join one after then.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We have to share them with the other "grandkids" ;p

At least we have the connecting door with them. Maybe I'll throw my kids in their room and then shut my door!!! :evilsmile:

Thank you for the link!

Hop 'em up on sugar first. It'll be like tossing in a live grenade!

We have cruised several times over the summer and spring break and was on the Conquest last June.
You didn't happen to be on the June 4th, '16 5-day cruise, were you?

• 3 weeks later...

We were on the Conquest this past week and my son is 4 so he was in the Penguins group. He begged to go to the kids club every waking minute. They sang songs (which he will not stop singing), did lots of arts and crafts, played games, played with toys, had story time, dance contests, etc. The little ones (2-5) are in a separate room from the 6-8 and 9-11yo. If your kids eat with the kids club, then all ages are together for that.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
Thank you for the updates. I also was able to get ahold of some of the photos of the room. I think my son will be fine to be away from his cousins. I will just whisper that his room is "cooler" because it has a slide ;)

Did you travel yet and how did it work out? I have a 2.5 year old who will go to camp for the first time. He's in daycare and pretty social so I don't think we will have an issue, but would like to know your experiences or maybe something I can get him excited about. Thanks

Did you travel yet and how did it work out? I have a 2.5 year old who will go to camp for the first time. He's in daycare and pretty social so I don't think we will have an issue, but would like to know your experiences or maybe something I can get him excited about. Thanks

Yes! We went the first week of August.

He LOVED camp Ocean. He would ask to go each day. He was in the Penguins group- his cousin was in Stingrays. They did combine the groups on the port days because so few kids showed up. However there was a good turnout on sea days and evenings.

They did crafts and different activities. Played games. But he was most excited to just play with the toys!

The counselors were great. Friendly and they knew every kids name by the second day. A few counselors saw my son around the ship and greeted him by name at those times too.

If you have specific questions- please ask. I will answer the best I can.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you have specific questions- please ask. I will answer the best I can.

Sounds good!

Would you have reservations about a 2.5 year old in with 4 and 5 year olds?

Did you utilize all sessions or just some sessions? I am thinking we would try to use morning sessions, evening sessions, maybe 1 or 2 dinner sessions (we are on a 4 night cruise). Did you use the dining sessions and if so, what was your dining schedule (any conflicts with that?)?

We are going to make up a separate bag to leave with him for diapers and supplies; did they want you to leave items for duration of the cruise or take with you each time?

Did you utilize any of the paid Night Owl services? If so; do you have any comments? I don't know how much steam we'll have left late at night, but may do this one night to see comedy shows or piano bar.

Any tips/suggestions? I've read some of your reviews over time and they have had helpful advice for in the room setup and just having a toddler onboard, thanks! Any other tips and tricks? We drive to Miami and Port Everglades, so we can take anything in luggage fairly easily

We are taking him on Royal when he is 3 and we are already decently along with potty training; I believe he can't use Royal's kids camp unless fully potty trained. Is that covered in any of your reviews? I see you are planning MSC, we are going on Seaside in 2018 also and have taken our son on Divina twice already

Sounds good!

Would you have reservations about a 2.5 year old in with 4 and 5 year olds?

Did you utilize all sessions or just some sessions? I am thinking we would try to use morning sessions, evening sessions, maybe 1 or 2 dinner sessions (we are on a 4 night cruise). Did you use the dining sessions and if so, what was your dining schedule (any conflicts with that?)?

We are going to make up a separate bag to leave with him for diapers and supplies; did they want you to leave items for duration of the cruise or take with you each time?

Did you utilize any of the paid Night Owl services? If so; do you have any comments? I don't know how much steam we'll have left late at night, but may do this one night to see comedy shows or piano bar.

Any tips/suggestions? I've read some of your reviews over time and they have had helpful advice for in the room setup and just having a toddler onboard, thanks! Any other tips and tricks? We drive to Miami and Port Everglades, so we can take anything in luggage fairly easily

We are taking him on Royal when he is 3 and we are already decently along with potty training; I believe he can't use Royal's kids camp unless fully potty trained. Is that covered in any of your reviews? I see you are planning MSC, we are going on Seaside in 2018 also and have taken our son on Divina twice already

I would not have reservations about the age range. I spied on my son a few times and the kids seemed to play nice together. I watched them play a game one night and 2-5 all had fun. They played sharks and whales (something along those lines). The kids would run around to the music and when the music went off they'd lay down and be still. Like freeze dance. Pretty cute game that they were all excited to play.

We used a lot more sessions than we thought. I think it was because he asked to go. So we figured if he liked it, why not? We also had our 7 month old with us, so have one kid instead of two was a little easier for dinner. My older son only ate dinner in the MDR 2 nights out of the 4. The other 2 we sent him with the camp (drop off was upstairs in the back of the buffet) they fed them and then walked them to the camp. We had early dining.

We never used Night Owls because my in-laws had a room connecting with us. They go to bed early. So we put the kids to bed and left the connector open.

We didn't leave anything at camp Ocean. I'm not sure that they will hold a bag for the duration. So I can't answer that with confidence.

With Royal he does need to be fully potty trained for Aquanauts. We took our son a few months after potty training and he did have one accident but they didn't make a big deal. Gave him spare clothes and put his wet ones in a plastic bag for us. My review on that is in my Enchantment of the Seas review from 2016.

I'm also going on the Harmony lithos December, so I'll have more Adventure Ocean info then.

Our Seaside trip is set for March 17th! I'm excited to try something new.

I can't think of any other suggestions that haven't been mentioned in any of my past reviews. I'm so sad about this photobucket fiasco because so many of my old reviews will be bland with the pictures. All my pics will still be up there until December. [emoji26]

Thanks for the information, all helpful. We are on Enchantment next and then Navigator in spring, Seaside end of 2018, and I guess there's an issue w my Photobucket pics too I better look into, too. I thought my biggest hurdle would be to finish toilet training by the Navigator cruise :)

• 9 months later...

Going to bring this thread back up as I have a question that I can't find an answer to. We are sailing in Sept on the Conquest and plan to send our 5 yr old to the camp a few times or as she wants. One thing I would like to know is how the camp gets a hold of you if your child needs something or is ready to be picked up?

Going to bring this thread back up as I have a question that I can't find an answer to. We are sailing in Sept on the Conquest and plan to send our 5 yr old to the camp a few times or as she wants. One thing I would like to know is how the camp gets a hold of you if your child needs something or is ready to be picked up?

The 2-5 age group used to have pavers and now I think they have phones instead. They will notify if there is an issue. 6-8, no.