Tuscan Grill - Eclipse. Discount?

Merly

I am sailing on the Eclipse in a couple of weeks, we will be a party of 8. What is the likelihood of being able to negotiate a discount for Tuscan Grill? Has anyone had any luck recently?

I am sailing on the Eclipse in a couple of weeks, we will be a party of 8. What is the likelihood of being able to negotiate a discount for Tuscan Grill? Has anyone had any luck recently?

If you are flexible about time and day you dine you are more likely to get a discount. I believe they were offering discounts early in our last cruise but near the end both Murano's and Tuscan were fully booked.

Dining with officers now takes place in the Specialities so on the chic nights a largish party may already be booked in.

May be worth a conversation on boarding and if they can not offer you anything ask again a couple of days into the cruise.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Discounts are offered when reservations are light. I've been on cruises where no discounts were offered and others that gave 50% off. Really depends on the cruise. The longer the cruise, the more likely to find good discounts. The first night of a cruise is usually discounted since they are likely to have unfilled seats. Never hurts to ask the Maitre 'd about a discount.

The likelihood is excellent. There are a few good ways. 1. Look for staff trying to sell the alternative restaurants....which you can often find at the Lido Entrance (usually on the Port Side) at breakfast and lunch. We would normally start by telling them you have a group of 8...and would like a 50% discount. You may not get 50%...but should be able to get 30%. Another method is to simply go to restaurant and speak (quietly) to the door person...again trying to get 50 off....but being willing to settle for less.

When we were on the Eclipse last Nov-Dec....we kept getting stopped at the Lido entrance where a staffer (from the Tuscan Grill) kept trying to get us to book at the Tuscan (we do not even like the Tuscan so had no interest). It quickly became a friendly game.....he would offer us 20% off and I would demand 50% off. After a couple of days he started offering 30% and I would laugh and say 50%. One day, as I was walking by....he said, "OK, I will give you 50% off." We did accept the offer (to be nice) and made a reservation for a few days later in the cruise. We later called and canceled that reservation. We are big fans of both Murano and Qsine....but the Tuscan has always underwhelmed us with both the quality and service.

Hank

When we were on the Eclipse last Nov-Dec....we kept getting stopped at the Lido entrance where a staffer (from the Tuscan Grill) kept trying to get us to book at the Tuscan (we do not even like the Tuscan so had no interest). It quickly became a friendly game.....he would offer us 20% off and I would demand 50% off. After a couple of days he started offering 30% and I would laugh and say 50%. One day, as I was walking by....he said, "OK, I will give you 50% off." We did accept the offer (to be nice) and made a reservation for a few days later in the cruise.

Hank

I did the exact same thing for 6 people last year on the equinox....I kept smiling and suggesting 50% off with the same staff waiter and after three days and he said ok...and we had a nice meal in Murano.

We prefer Murano and Qsine.....although we seem to get to Tuscan every couple of cruises on some deal. We skip silk harvest...never had a good meal there and we actually love asian food.

Generally agree with most comments so far, although I prefer Tuscan to Murano (and also enjoy Qsine). Discounts are more likely on cruises longer than 7 days. How much depends on how the bookings are. We never book for less than a 30% discount, and on a couple occasions (never for Tuscan) we were able to get 50%, mid-way through a 14/15 night cruise. On 7 night cruises you may not be able to get more than 20%, but perhaps with a large crowd that will help. Never hurts to ask, and flexibility in time and dates helps a lot.

We never had issues getting discounts in ANY of the rest. We are a party of 2. With a party your size, it "might" be more difficult.

• 1 month later...

Glad you were successful in obtaining your 50% discount for your group!

We have always had very good luck obtaining discounts. We've even had them approach us in the dining room, where they offered 20% and we asked and received 45%.

Our cruise on the Equinox in April we were approached by a person from Sushi on 5 .. after talking for awhile he offered us unlimited menu selection for our party of 4 for $30 per person! We had a fantastic meal, and they did indeed honor the offer. Of course, it paid off for them because we returned for lunch a couple of times because we really liked the food.

We had a bad experience at the Tuscan Grille on the Solstice a few years ago. We spoke with the manager upon leaving and for the next 8 days he called almost daily to try and get us to return at no charge. We find they are always hustling their dining rooms and have never paid full price.

We never had issues getting discounts in ANY of the rest. We are a party of 2. With a party your size, it "might" be more difficult.

Just back from our Eclipse cruise and in answer to my own question we negotiated a discount of 50% for our party of 8 in Tuscan Grill.

It cuts both ways -- last year on same sailing I know a larger party got a 45% discount whilst party of 2 'only' achieved 20-25%. As others say, can but ask and/or also wait and see :)

I know discounts do make a difference to cruise costs but if you want to get the best experience of booking Tuscan Grill on the S class ships I would also recommend looking at itineraries. Sea days and days when you leave a port early Tuscan has no 'value added' but there are other times when its location makes it shine!

With the fabulous wake view we have booked Tuscan as we have left several ports....nothing quite so nice as watching a port slowly fade into the distance as you sip your first glass of wine. Most memorable was during our Norwegian Fjiords cruise where we enjoyed a few leisurely meals with the stunning scenery around us throughout our meal.

I am sure we are not the only guests who book Tuscan on specific days at specific times...you may not get as good a deal but taking into account the 'value added' of your dining experience at times it is well worth it!

I know discounts do make a difference to cruise costs but if you want to get the best experience of booking Tuscan Grill on the S class ships I would also recommend looking at itineraries. Sea days and days when you leave a port early Tuscan has no 'value added' but there are other times when its location makes it shine!

With the fabulous wake view we have booked Tuscan as we have left several ports....nothing quite so nice as watching a port slowly fade into the distance as you sip your first glass of wine. Most memorable was during our Norwegian Fjiords cruise where we enjoyed a few leisurely meals with the stunning scenery around us throughout our meal.

I am sure we are not the only guests who book Tuscan on specific days at specific times...you may not get as good a deal but taking into account the 'value added' of your dining experience at times it is well worth it!

I agree, we went on an evening we were sailing the fiords and the view was magnificent.