Valor & Harvey

figmentdj

Its supposed to make land fall Saturday morning just south of Galveston So i doubt the harbor will be open even before Sunday. Looks like who ever is on Valar is going to get an extended cruise by a day or 2. Must be rough.

The Port of Galveston is now closed and will probably remain closed until after the storm passes.

Too soon to make a definite call about Saturday

Your friends may end up having an extra day at no charge on the ship. ;)

Ironic that the Galveston port is closed. This is on Carnival's website as of right now.

HURRICANE HARVEY

Weather Update – 08/24/17 – 12:00 PM (EST)

We are closely monitoring the track of Hurricane Harvey in the Gulf of Mexico. At this time, no changes have been made to any of our Galveston sailings for this weekend and our itineraries remain as scheduled. We will continue to monitor the storm’s path and provide you with another update tomorrow at 12:00 PM (CDT). To stay up to date on any changes that may affect your sailing, we encourage you to sign up for text alerts by texting the codes below to CRUISE (278473).

Carnival Freedom 08/26/17 - CCL1

Carnival Valor 08/26/17 - CCL2

Carnival Breeze 08/27/17 - CCL3

And 30 minutes after Carnival posted that they closed the Galveston harbor. LOL. Carnival posted that at 12:00 pm EST and Galveston said as of 11:30 am central time they closed the harbor. Not the first time a Carnival ship has sat off the shore from Galveston harbor. couple months ago it was heavy fog for 2 days and Breeze? I think had to sit out there waiting for the harbor to open. Like I said, Must be rough to be stuck on a floating resort for an extra day or 2. I certainly wouldn't mind or complain.

Anyone parked there is in big trouble. The storm surge is expected to be over 20 feet.

Galveston is only expecting 3-4 feet

storm surge, corpus christi is getting the big storm surge. Galveston will flood because of the 25 inches of expected rain over the next 5 days.

Galveston is only expecting 3-4 feet

storm surge, corpus christi is getting the big storm surge. Galveston will flood because of the 25 inches of expected rain over the next 5 days.

Our local news mentioned Galveston, 125 MPH winds, 3 feet of rain and surges up to 30 feet. I hope they are wrong. I see you are in Texas, please stay safe.

I'm on Valor right now. They're taking us to New Orleans for fuel and supplies. Once there, we have the option to get off or wait for Galveston to reopen. Weather here is fine but people are a little anxious with all the uncertainty. My car is parked in Galveston, hope it will be there when I get back!

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/cruise-ships-passengers-stranded-by-hurricane-harvey/ar-AAqHQyY?li=BBnb7Kz

According to ABC13.com, the Galveston port authority announced the four cruise ships involved include three Carnival Cruise Line vessels and a Royal Caribbean International vessel, none of which will be permitted to enter port until Tuesday at the earliest.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/travel/news/cruise-ships-passengers-stranded-by-hurricane-harvey/ar-AAqHQyY?li=BBnb7Kz

According to ABC13.com, the Galveston port authority announced the four cruise ships involved include three Carnival Cruise Line vessels and a Royal Caribbean International vessel, none of which will be permitted to enter port until Tuesday at the earliest.

This was reported last night on our 11 pm news. I was told that our meteorologists were on crack by someone on these boards. The port of Galveston is closed to at least Tuesday. People are still arguing.

Hi Cuizer...........an Enchantment buddy!

This was reported last night on our 11 pm news. I was told that our meteorologists were on crack by someone on these boards. The port of Galveston is closed to at least Tuesday. People are still arguing.

Hi Cuizer...........an Enchantment buddy!

I saw your post about my humor. Personally I think you were spot on. Being from California I know next to nothing about hurricanes (other than come with a lot of wind and cause a lot of trouble). Now if they predict an earthquake, I'll chime in, starting with nobody yet can reliably predict earthquakes.

I saw your post about my humor. Personally I think you were spot on. Being from California I know next to nothing about hurricanes (other than come with a lot of wind and cause a lot of trouble). Now if they predict an earthquake, I'll chime in, starting with nobody yet can reliably predict earthquakes.

I'm on the east coast and have experienced many of hurricanes both at sea and on land. As of now, Royal THINKS they are going to Galveston and picking up new passengers for the next cruise....ain't happening. They are leaving people hanging, at least Carnival has more communication.

Keep up your humor!

Vicki

This was reported last night on our 11 pm news.
The news didn't tell you the full story. Many news sources are reporting what they know in a sensationalized manner.

The port of Galveston is closed to at least Tuesday. People are still arguing.
Include Peter Simons, interim director for the Port of Galveston, in that argument. He said, "Depending on the weather, we may be able to bring some ships in on Sunday."

It feeds into the frenzy that fosters news viewership to present the shocking, "port closed until at least Tuesday!!!" bulletin. Having to nuance the report to reflect the full range of possibility, and effectively reporting, "We'll have to wait and see," works against the sensationalism that fosters ratings.