Live from the GEM

wolfy321

Hello ... watching the Gem pull into PC, looks early under cloudy skies. How was the ride down, moderate chops while at sea ?

GSC might be 50:50 tomorrow with T-Storm forecasted for Nassau, hope all those onboard can get ashore by safely tendering. Have a Plan B ?

Has the Gem roll out the new 3-tier WiFi internet plan yet ?? Or, still on the minutes and unlimited plan ? (As FYI - GSC has cellular coverage (roaming) and paid WiFi signal via the Gem, when we're docked there this May ... enjoy)

Enjoy your day in Florida & safe cruising :cool:

How's the waterslide by the pool? I haven't seen a report since the multiple complaints about it being under repair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Slide is same as before the repair. It is not steep and people/kids still had to help themselves go down the slide. It also had limited hours when we went in Dec.

They did hold quite a few pool deck BBQs though.

Hello ... watching the Gem pull into PC, looks early under cloudy skies. How was the ride down, moderate chops while at sea ?

GSC might be 50:50 tomorrow with T-Storm forecasted for Nassau, hope all those onboard can get ashore by safely tendering. Have a Plan B ?

Has the Gem roll out the new 3-tier WiFi internet plan yet ?? Or, still on the minutes and unlimited plan ? (As FYI - GSC has cellular coverage (roaming) and paid WiFi signal via the Gem, when we're docked there this May ... enjoy)

Enjoy your day in Florida & safe cruising :cool:

The ride was pretty rocky. I didn't like it too much. We made it to GSC, it was really hot with no wind at all. It's still on minutes

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Slide is same as before the repair. It is not steep and people/kids still had to help themselves go down the slide. It also had limited hours when we went in Dec.

They did hold quite a few pool deck BBQs though.

The slide was only open 2 hours a day. Very odd

How's the waterslide by the pool? I haven't seen a report since the multiple complaints about it being under repair.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It's nothing special' date=' but it's only open for about 2 hours a day

Wolfe,

Can you advise (1) who is the cruise director and (2) what singers/soloist is performing in Bar City?

Thank you

Mark is the cruise director, but I heard that he will be gone next month.

The ride was pretty rocky. I didn't like it too much. We made it to GSC, it was really hot with no wind at all. It's still on minutes ,,,

Welcome home & thanks for the quickie update. Yulp, saw the Gem tendering and that place can get brutally hot with the midday sun. Saw the harbor webcam tracking this morning's earliy arrival, docking before 7:30 AM - for a smooth disembarkation ... no news is good news.

Hi there, did you ever hang out at the Great Outdoors? Was it open / crowded? Hear it the best place to be at for the view of the ocean.[/quote

Great place to relax. We usually got our food from the buffet and then sat there to enjoy the view. There is a smaller buffet and bar out there also.

Welcome back. Thank you for providing information. Hope your cruise was a good one aside from the rough sea.

You said Mark is the cruise director and will be leaving next month - is that September or October? How did you like him? Did he have a good activities team, in your opinion? Entertainment and activities are things I like about Norwegian and what I'm most looking forward to on the ship twenty days from now.

Thank you.