Carnival Valor - will it just sit for a few days?

bkcoogler

With a very unique situation at hand, the Valor is set to arrive in Galveston on Friday 9/1 and not depart until the following Monday 9/4.

Do you think Carnival will take advantage of this opportunity in some way? With a couple of days sitting, they could utilize this time to do minor repairs or upgrades that normally couldn't be done while in service.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

With a very unique situation at hand, the Valor is set to arrive in Galveston on Friday 9/1 and not depart until the following Monday 9/4.

Do you think Carnival will take advantage of this opportunity in some way? With a couple of days sitting, they could utilize this time to do minor repairs or upgrades that normally couldn't be done while in service.

I highly doubt it. They need time to ship parts/furnishings to the ship for some upgrades, but I usually, I think these upgrades occur in dry-dock in Freeport. The crew deserves a nice break. ;) Minor repairs are done all the time.

Hopefully they will.

It looks like, based on the comments on the Galveston Cruise Cam and marine traffic sites; the Carnival Valor unloaded passengers this morning and is headed to Freeport TX. For anyone not familiar with the area, it's a industrial port city just west of Galveston.

The assumption is that they are moving over there to allow for the other ships to unload/load passengers over the weekend as well as refuel and supply. I assume that the Valor will also refuel and supply while in Freeport; possibly even do some maintenance. I've found it interesting to see them juggle all the ships in/out of Galveston all day.

cheaper to dock the ship somewhere then waste fuel doing circles at sea

Perhaps but they needed the space for the other ships that are on their way to Galveston. The Liberty of the Seas and Carnival Breeze are there today. The Carnival Freedom left earlier today. The Valor is sitting off the coast of Texas waiting.

My niece works at the port and usually works the valor arrivals. She got a much needed day off today since all the hurricane activity has us all drained. The crew on these ships surely needed extra days of rest as they have been working overtime. So glad to see the port somewhat back to normal, this storm has delayed opening of schools in Houston until September 11. Harvey has been a true test of faith .

Sent from my iPad using Forums