Dawn 9/15 going to Bermuda???

Tc63503

I dealt with a similar situation last year on Breakaway, ours was the cruise that could not go to Bermuda.

Based on the present forecast which goes through 5 days, you can get to Bermuda and be there for the port visit. You will have rough seas and the south and west beaches may be too rough to go in the water.

Your problem right now is coming home. The storm could be in a position to block your path to NYC. It is too early to tell if an early or late departure could manage to get around it. You must be prepared for a possible change in schedule or even alternate ports (as we had.)

Dawn set sail, Boston homebound yesterday and hightailed out @ 22.5 knots on NE heading once past St. George's before out of AIS radar range - live shipcam showed that she's at sea, cloudy skies and a bit of choppy sea as expected ... Ship's captain probably hit that all ahead, full speed button to sail around Jose and the ship's design & class are designed to sail thru rough weather if necessary (with a good tail wind, could go equivalent of 24-25 knots.)

There's been no live report or update to the contrary ... think positive, Jose has been downgraded to a TS status. Dawn is likely slightly further northeast before turning west to her homeport ... for those prone to motion, pop a Bonine, stay on lower deck & midship and its all good, or make good use of UBP ;p

BTW, Breakaway is said, per live report by pax onboard, arrived at Dockyard this morning but setting sail a day earlier ... tomorrow at 5 PM & head home to NY to sail around the storms. That will be an interesting one to track as well ... probably find a "hole" to slip thru between Jose & Maria.

I'd like to hear how the trip back to Boston was. It seems like there's no way to go around Jose on the way back in.

Just got back today. We didn't lose any time in Bermuda and we docked this am on time. We came up a different route than we went down (does that make sense lol) and sailed down Nova Scotia. Wednesday late night into Thurs am was very rough seas! We stayed in Balcony room 10018, in the front, so we felt it all night. I had not cruised in 10 years so I was very nervous but we did not get sick. In fact my 4 year old slept through it all on her little pull out bed!

Thursday it was cold and they closed the pool, but we had a blast and will def go again.

Just got back today. We didn't lose any time in Bermuda and we docked this am on time. We came up a different route than we went down (does that make sense lol) and sailed down Nova Scotia. Wednesday late night into Thurs am was very rough seas! We stayed in Balcony room 10018, in the front, so we felt it all night. I had not cruised in 10 years so I was very nervous but we did not get sick. In fact my 4 year old slept through it all on her little pull out bed!

Thursday it was cold and they closed the pool, but we had a blast and will def go again.

10002 it was brutal Wednesday got about 1hr of sleep going from flat on the bed to standing. I missed the posters name but you are correct no beaches, horseshoe bay was closed all port days and snorkel park was iffy with rain and wind they let you in and tossed you out.

Cruise line refunded excursion money without asking not sure what happened if you walked over.