Pearl Mist accessibility

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Ask a Cruise Question
Post your general cruise questions here.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 12:52 AM.
2 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
My family sailed on the the Pearl Mist Great Lakes and Georgia Bay cruise July, 2014. At the time, the only way to embark/disembark the ship was by climbing a series of about 20 steps on the gangplank. Since my adult son is in a wheelchair full time, this was a huge problem. Has this issue been addressed or does boarding the ship still involve stairs?
Thanks for your input!
2 Posts
Joined Feb 2017
Unfortunately, when planning the initial cruise, the employee with Pearl Seas swore that "every inch of that ship is accessible to a wheelchair". So now I'm having trouble believivg Pearl Seas when they say the ship is accessible. I was hoping someone who had recently sailed on the Pearl Mist could tell me if they had to climb stairs to get from the dock onto the ship.
GTA, Ontario, Canada
32,564 Posts
Joined Apr 2005
you might ask on the other cruises forum
http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=218

there are some posts there on the ship
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

FORMER CRUISES:

Alexandr Pushkin, Carnival-Holiday, HAL-(old)Westerdam- Eurodam (2), Royal Epirotiki-Olympic, Orient lines-Marco Polo, NCL-Dream, Princess - Dawn Princess, ACCL-Grande Caribe, St Lawrence Cruise Lines-Canadian Empress, Scenic Tours -Scenic Sapphire, Oceania-Insignia (3), Regatta(6) Marina(2) Riveria (1) AQSC-American Queen

Email:LHT28 at yahoo dot com

Put Cruise in subject line

PHOTOS:
http://lht28.smugmug.com/