Can you recommend a good shuttle service

I suggest you get a maxi taxi from the airport. It will have more space than you need. With three people I doubt that a shuttle would be any cheaper and we have found that the shuttle wastes too much time. They don't leave the airport until they are full then they go from hotel to hotel dropping people off.

There is a train station at Sydney airport. Very convenient and the train stops at circular quay which is where some cruises depart from and a lot of good hotels are based.

I know a lot of people use the train, but for a few extra dollars we prefer the convenience of door-to-door and not having to get our luggage onto the train then off again at the other end. The cost in a taxi to either circular quay or White Bay would be around AUD$60 (around US$48). The rail fare is AUD$18 per adult.

For the couple with four large bags (and presumably some smaller items), a maxi taxi would be much easier. I cannot imagine struggling with that much luggage onto and off a train, then walking a distance along the street. Just to save a few dollars.

I know a lot of people use the train, but for a few extra dollars we prefer the convenience of door-to-door and not having to get our luggage onto the train then off again at the other end. The cost in a taxi to either circular quay or White Bay would be around AUD$60 (around US$48). The rail fare is AUD$18 per adult.

For the couple with four large bags (and presumably some smaller items), a maxi taxi would be much easier. I cannot imagine struggling with that much luggage onto and off a train, then walking a distance along the street. Just to save a few dollars.

Thanks for the advice. I know it seems like a lot of bags, but we will be on 4 legs and 5 days of land. 60 days total.

Thanks for the advice. I know it seems like a lot of bags, but we will be on 4 legs and 5 days of land. 60 days total.

BTW, I was not commenting on the amount of luggage. That is totally up to you. :) We usually travel with two large cases plus four pieces of hand luggage (two 'hand luggage' size, one computer bag and one large purse) and we wouldn't be bothered trying to manage on the train.

We have used redy2go on numerous occasions. Were fantastic at getting hubby to the airport from the ship for a 10am flight. They knew he would be pushing it, so were there ready and waiting and left straight away.

Then on arrival at opt, after travelling for 4 months, our 12 bags were not an issue. (1 large case, 1 carry on case & 1 small bag x 4 people)