Dining questions

Sheltieluv

Could anyone please tell me if Sette Mari ever offers pizza for dinner? I looked at the sample menus but didn't see it listed. We will be on the Navigator for 2 weeks, and I know my husband is going to need a pizza "fix." :D If Sette Mari doesn't offer it, I understand that we can pre-order special dishes for dinner (within reason) in Compass Rose, but would they prepare something as mundane as pizza? While enjoying beautifully prepared and presented dishes, sometimes we just want plain "familiar" food, if that makes any sense.

I remember that 3 years ago they offered pizza on the room service menu, and it was very good, but I'm talking about having it at dinner in the restaurant, as a main course. I'm sure that we will have made some new friends, and it would be fun to share a pizza ....

I'll have mine with thin crust, pepperoni and mushrooms please....:p...

Thanks in advance for any info!

Could anyone please tell me if Sette Mari ever offers pizza for dinner? I looked at the sample menus but didn't see it listed. We will be on the Navigator for 2 weeks, and I know my husband is going to need a pizza "fix." :D If Sette Mari doesn't offer it, I understand that we can pre-order special dishes for dinner (within reason) in Compass Rose, but would they prepare something as mundane as pizza? While enjoying beautifully prepared and presented dishes, sometimes we just want plain "familiar" food, if that makes any sense.

I remember that 3 years ago they offered pizza on the room service menu, and it was very good, but I'm talking about having it at dinner in the restaurant, as a main course. I'm sure that we will have made some new friends, and it would be fun to share a pizza ....

I'll have mine with thin crust, pepperoni and mushrooms please....:p...

Thanks in advance for any info!

Although I only ever had their pizza through room service (it's quite good, actually) I haven't ordered it for dinner...but honestly, I don't see why they couldn't or wouldn't do it. Actually, I might try that next week. ;p

Sheltieluv, with 24 hours notice, this should not be a problem (but they may require you to order it in CR.)

Purplelady1, although servers want to please their guests, it would be a "pain in the a**" if people started doing this. As it is, servers and their assistants are jumping through hoops to insure that guests receive what they ordered (off of the menu), on time, hot, etc. For this reason it is best to pre-order any items that are not in the menu in CR.

This reminds me of a story I heard about someone that still cruises Regent and ordered a hot dog in the middle of the night. When asked why he was hungry at that time, he responded that he wasn't -- he just ordered it because he could. Thankfully, this is not the mindset of most Regent customers.

P.S. Burgers at the Pool Grill are great - onion rings are so so. I doubt if CR's kitchen could make them as well as they do at the Pool Grill. However, IMO, onion rings in P7 are still not exceptional.

P.S. Burgers at the Pool Grill are great - onion rings are so so. I doubt if CR's kitchen could make them as well as they do at the Pool Grill. However, IMO, onion rings in P7 are still not exceptional.

Burgers from the Pool Grill are a boarding day tradition for us. Usually get fries, but we'll try the onion rings next Monday to test your theory. :D

We traveled in June with a big group, five teenagers and a few adults that love pizza (a total of 13). I know that the pool grill during lunch time offered the best options with pizza. They were very good and offered many varieties. We had a few vegetarian travelers, and they felt like the pizza fit the bill while other meat lovers enjoyed the pizza that was offered. My teens did order pizza for room service, in fact my daughter was part of the teen program and they offered pizza for them many times. I don't think your husband will feel that he is missing anything if going on a Regent cruise. We did enjoy a few meals at Sette Mari and everything was so good, I don't even remember if they offered pizza.:) Enjoy!

First of all, thanks to all who replied to my question! I appreciate the info. Sounds like we should be able to special order a pizza in the Compass Rose one night; will make DH very happy! :D

I totally agree that the burgers are great, as are the fries. They will ask how you want your burger cooked, and then will deliver it to your table. Haven't tried the onion rings, but will have to do that. We too have a tradition of ordering burgers for lunch when we embark; just hope it will be warm enough at the end of October in NYC to enjoy them on the pool deck. :cool:

Bill, enjoy your soon-to-be cruise, and happy and safe travels to all! Emmy

I don't see a problem when you ask. Most cruise lines do their best to get you what you want. If you want to eat light why not order 1/2 orders of what you want?

Bill, have safe travel and I hope you write about your trip. Enjoyed your last trip report as you cruised.

Rick