Noise in room on deck 5 above Animators Palate?

gwsster

We will be on the Disney Magic and in a cabin on Deck 5 above Animators Palate. Has anyone stayed in one of these cabins and if so was the noise intrusive? Are there other noises or issues to be concerned about with rooms on this deck?

Thanks for any input.

Actually, 5 aft on the Magic is one of my favorite locations. No, we never had any AP noise that I noticed. The restaurant is closed by 10 and the staff is getting the clean up done ASAP so they can go to bed. I can't say that I paid attention during the day....but they no longer use this as an activity space and normally the only meal it serves is dinner....so it is open very few hours during the day.

Another positive is that it is a short hall with relatively few guests located there. It doesn't serve as a "pass thru" to other locations. In fact, the only time we had any issues there it was some tweens harassing a stateroom host (stealing from the cart, etc.) A quick call to security resulted in them never being seen again.

THANK YOU! You are so kind. The positive comments are so helpful and appreciated. We have 2 cabins booked on this deck as we are traveling with friends. I got to looking today at the deck plans and got the "Uh Oh" feeling. Our TA booked these rooms for us and now the rates for this one cruise have skyrocketed so moving cabins would be difficult and pricey. Thank you again for the quick reply.

Actually' date=' 5 aft on the Magic is one of my favorite locations. No, we never had any AP noise that I noticed. The restaurant is closed by 10 and the staff is getting the clean up done ASAP so they can go to bed. I can't say that I paid attention during the day....but they no longer use this as an activity space and normally the only meal it serves is dinner....so it is open very few hours during the day.

Another positive is that it is a short hall with relatively few guests located there. It doesn't serve as a "pass thru" to other locations. In fact, the only time we had any issues there it was some tweens harassing a stateroom host (stealing from the cart, etc.) A quick call to security resulted in them never being seen again.[/quote']

Actually, moving cabins would not be pricey. Unless DCL has changed policies, once you are booked, you are locked into a price tier. If you change cabin categories, you are charged the price that was in effect the day that you made your original booking.

However, prior to my daughter's need for an HA cabin, we used to request 5 aft. We've stayed there several times, interestingly, always on the port side. No logic to that, just how it worked out for us. It is a good location for everything--kid programming and BV theatre is right down the hall, restaurants are a hop down the stairs, and pools are walkable if you are into burning calories....if not, there are the elevators. The only negative is that the "adult only" stuff is all forward. And a secret--there are a couple of "secret passages" off of 5 aft so you may suddenly see an officer or other interesting person appear almost out of nowhere!

One warning....at some times, they used to close the passageway thru Shutters on deck 4. If that is locked, you have to go outside or back to the elevator/stairway. You are better going thru the halls on deck 5 then go up or down as you need. Obviously don't try to use the forward elevators right before or after a show. The aft elevators are much easier normally. Sorry--I think too much about wheelchair logistics.

Thanks, I was on the Magic many years ago and don't remember much about the layout, so your help is appreciated. I do understand the extra planning for a child with special needs. My Grandson is deaf....now has a Cochlear Implant but in the past had to work with the logistics to make sure he could get the most out of any excursion. You sound like a wonderful Mom. I love reading your posts.

One warning....at some times, they used to close the passageway thru Shutters on deck 4. If that is locked, you have to go outside or back to the elevator/stairway. You are better going thru the halls on deck 5 then go up or down as you need. Obviously don't try to use the forward elevators right before or after a show. The aft elevators are much easier normally. Sorry--I think too much about wheelchair logistics.

Thanks for the reply We are on the other side of the ship, 2 cabins it is good to know that we won't have a lot of night noise. I think our cabins are 5634 and 5636. Popcorn? they have popcorn now? I am sure that that is an "extra", do you know the charge for said delicious goody?

We were in 5148. I didn't notice the noise at all. However, the smell of the popcorn from the theater was too much to resist! :p

Our last Disney Cruise was many years ago....no popcorn, thanks for the update. Now to think about the LONG and $$$ flights from CA to London. Right now the flights are ridiculous in cost. I know to wait until a holiday sale or 3 to 4 months out to book international flights. I am hoping to spring for Premium economy.

They've had popcorn for years..outside the BVT at the start of the films. It is just a couple dollars. But there are plenty of snacks on deck 9 that you can grab ahead and take to a movie.

Our last Disney Cruise was many years ago....no popcorn, thanks for the update. Now to think about the LONG and $$$ flights from CA to London. Right now the flights are ridiculous in cost. I know to wait until a holiday sale or 3 to 4 months out to book international flights. I am hoping to spring for Premium economy.

Daughter lived in London, so I got good at those flights. Yes, look for sales. Best I got was Delta for just under $800 round trip. I also learned that I could keep checking the status of the flight and if it wasn't full, wait to add "Economy Plus" at the airport. Even the night before, the upgrade was typically $149, while at the airport I could get it for $35 or sometimes even free! Seriously, after the guy in line in front of me was a jerk to the woman at the desk, I just said that I was sorry to bother her, but the kiosk wasn't reading my passport. She was so happy to be not getting yelled at that I was suddenly upgraded free.

Icelandic Air is starting to fly out of Cincinnati in the spring. Last night, they announced $149 flights to London (each way) to celebrate their opening. I'm not well versed in flights out of LA, but we can sometimes find flights from MCO or New York at super prices. Look at things like Norwegian Air.

Great advice! Thanks again for the input. You are a great CC member.

Daughter lived in London' date=' so I got good at those flights. Yes, look for sales. Best I got was Delta for just under $800 round trip. I also learned that I could keep checking the status of the flight and if it wasn't full, wait to add "Economy Plus" at the airport. Even the night before, the upgrade was typically $149, while at the airport I could get it for $35 or sometimes even free! Seriously, after the guy in line in front of me was a jerk to the woman at the desk, I just said that I was sorry to bother her, but the kiosk wasn't reading my passport. She was so happy to be not getting yelled at that I was suddenly upgraded free.

Icelandic Air is starting to fly out of Cincinnati in the spring. Last night, they announced $149 flights to London (each way) to celebrate their opening. I'm not well versed in flights out of LA, but we can sometimes find flights from MCO or New York at super prices. Look at things like Norwegian Air.[/quote']