Passport on Castaway Cay

SKrauss

Do you need your passport or photo ID when getting on and off the ship? or does the KTTW suffice?

For Castaway Cay, you need to show your Key to the World and Photo ID in order to board the ship. I would leave Passports in your stateroom’s safe for this specific Port of Call. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

KTTW for all. Government issued photo ID for ages 16 and older. We NEVER take a passport on CC. Driver's license' date=' military ID, etc. is fine.[/quote']

Small correction - photo ID for those 18 and over reboard in ports.

The "16 and over" is for re-entering the US.

I know they always say to bring a photo Id whenever you leave ship regardless of port but I have never had to show it once and we have been on 18 cruises and that includes Europe where they sometimes say to bring passport...again never opened it. I will always have it just in case

I know they always say to bring a photo Id whenever you leave ship regardless of port but I have never had to show it once and we have been on 18 cruises and that includes Europe where they sometimes say to bring passport...again never opened it. I will always have it just in case

We've been in many ports where they actually looked at the photo ID and ship's card to confirm it's us.

Now, that photo ID isn't always a passport, but we've been in ports where we were told to bring our passports, and they were looked at leaving the ship as well as re-entering the terminal.

We've had IDs checked--usually by the port authority people before we got anywhere near the ship. This has included passports and just photo IDs. Yes, we've had lots of ports where they literally look to see whether you have a KTTW card and never glance at the other, but we've also had situations where they have verified that the name on the photo ID matched the name on the KTTW card. In Victoria, Canada, you had to show your passport to port authority personnel both getting out of and back into the port area. If the ship's info says "passport," you do need it, even though in some ports on some days it isn't looked at.

• 2 weeks later...