Konigsdam Oprah Sailing

JLBellaCC

Just like Trump has his business side and his quasi-political side...

Oprah has a business, a lifestyle business. HAL has paired with her "corporation" to offer optional activities onboard select sailings. Book Club, exercise, guest speakers. This has nothing to do with politics. HAL is not supporting Oprah's personal politics and no one is supporting Oprah and any supposed political thoughts by being on a cruise with the O offerings.

S7S - happy to see you survived the 200 alt-righters and the couple thousand equality protestors!

Thanks slidergirl. A relief to many of us Bostonians that things were relatively calm in comparison. I made it firm choice to stay out of Boston on Saturday. I hate crowds even if totally peaceful. I have not heard of any serious injuries, thankfully

Well we booked it! Bummer was that because I hemmed and hawed about it for a few days, we lost our mid ship cabin. Drats- now we are way aft. :(

But I love the itinerary!

Thank you for all your input.

See you there!

Sorry that the anti-O contingent here caused that. Maybe they should kick in some $$$ for you to enjoy a full spa day ;)

Oprah has a business, a lifestyle business. HAL has paired with her "corporation" to offer optional activities onboard select sailings. Book Club, exercise, guest speakers. This has nothing to do with politics. HAL is not supporting Oprah's personal politics and no one is supporting Oprah and any supposed political thoughts by being on a cruise with the O offerings.

S7S, slidergirl has clarified it well for me. Thank you slidergirl.

Sorry that the anti-O contingent here caused that. Maybe they should kick in some $$$ for you to enjoy a full spa day ;)

Nobody on here is responsible for her not pulling the trigger in time. Nice try though.. :rolleyes:

Nah I didn't pull the trigger because I wasn't ready- sure I was thinking about the O aspect and looking at the boards, and also thinking about the fact that the K also has kinda bad reviews- but I am a Libra and there lies the true reason I took some time to book - I like to weigh the pros and cons! But now I am really excited to go on this cruise! Bring it on!

S7S, slidergirl has clarified it well for me. Thank you slidergirl.

Miss G. Seems you did not notice Sllidergirl wrote her post after Krooz Nut and I wrote our posts asking what yourpost meant. It was not clear to us.. :)

CanadianBear, I apologize for misquoting you.

No problem.

When we heard the first part of our cruise was going to be "O", we were very concerned. The more info that came out though sounds ok. We are pretty quiet and private people so were worried about disruption. We were on the Westerdam when "The Travel Guys" were filming but they were gracious when we declined an interview.

See you on the roll call!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Miss G. Seems you did not notice Sllidergirl wrote her post after Krooz Nut and I wrote our posts asking what yourpost meant. It was not clear to us.. :)

I didn't? You've got me confused. I only came back to the thread after she'd posted. I'm a busy gal you know! I read your posts and then saw slidergal had left a succinct summary of what I was thinking so there was no need to repeat it.

I must be missing something b ut I do not understand the connection of Oprah with HAL. What is that about? Yes, everything is about money but doesn't sound to me like many of us here are rushing to sail on an Oprah crujise. . I won't be. :D Also, Oprah is making noises she may run for political office. If so, why is HAL immersing themselves in politics? Not the place for it, IMO.

I do not know where you are getting the political information about Oprah Winfrey. Last time I read about her, she said she had no intention of running for any political office. But, do not understand why she is so disliked. Ah, well . . .