Veendam not in Charlottetown today?

SMSACE6

Marine Traffic shows the ship not in Charlottetown today, and headed away from there. Does anyone know why? Weather maybe? I am curious because we have family on board and they dont have the wifi plan from the ship. Thanks for any info.:)

Thanks. I hope your weather improves as the day goes on. I was wondering if maybe the bad weather we had here (Ottawa and Montreal, had bad winds, rain) yesterday, was making it's way east. Hope at least that it does not get stormy. Thanks for the info. My folks will be disappointed though to miss PEI, but they also know these things happen and are unavoidable.

Bear in mind that there are strict speed regulations in place in the Gulf of St. Lawrence to protect north Atlantic right whales.

If the sea conditions mean that 10 kts won't get the ship to Québec on time, then that may be a rationale for dropping Charlottetown.

Bear in mind that there are strict speed regulations in place in the Gulf of St. Lawrence to protect north Atlantic right whales.

If the sea conditions mean that 10 kts won't get the ship to Québec on time, then that may be a rationale for dropping Charlottetown.

The zone is about 180 x 180 nautical miles, and going from PEI to the St. Lawrence River goes almost the full diagonal of the zone, so that's over 220 miles at 10 knots instead of 18-20. Big difference in time.

Maasdam did not stop at Sydney today either. Seems to be weather issues in that area.

Thanks for all replies. If it is weather related, and is anything like, or even a weaker version of what weather we had here yesterday, then I sure can understand why they did not dock. Whatever the reason, my aunt and uncle are seasoned cruisers, and will take it in their stride. Thanks again for all the replies.

weather.com says it is raining with 12 mph winds. I don't know if that is enough wind to cause problems docking.

B ingo. I think you could be right. Those winds could keep the ship from docking in Charllotetown. Too bad, though. I tt is one of the best ports IM O on that port intensive itinerary. We enjoyed many wonderful port calls there. Just as long as all are safe. that is what matters.