Upgraded on Divina!

Clar5

My friend and I booked an interior cabin last week for the May 13th sailing on the Divina with guarantee cabin (sp)? Just looked at booking again (did web check in on Saturday) and saw that we got upgraded to a balcony! #13157

Its my first balcony cabin as well! So excited! But seriously, how often does this really happen. I expected oceanview but not balcony...:D:D:D

My friend and I booked an interior cabin last week for the May 13th sailing on the Divina with guarantee cabin (sp)? Just looked at booking again (did web check in on Saturday) and saw that we got upgraded to a balcony! #13157

Its my first balcony cabin as well! So excited! But seriously, how often does this really happen. I expected oceanview but not balcony...:D:D:D

Enjoy your cruise.

Your cabin, 13157 is one of the small balcony cabins, no seating area and narrower balcony. EM

It's only for me and my friend. It's her first cruise. It's more than we even expected. But it's in a good location, so that's a big plus.

How do you get upgraded? Do you have to request?

No - it probably depends on how well a particular sailing is selling - they upgrade people to clear the lower cabin categories for sales promotions.

There's also a very good chance of an upgrade on a 'guaranteed' booking.

I can't get much information at all from anyone at MSC in customer service on any topic, let alone an upgrade. I'm in Interior Fantastica and there's a huge amount of space in the balconies for the May 27 cruise. Maybe there's hope.

I just checked and there's 106 Quad Balcony rooms available in Fantastica and no Interiors. Maybe I can get lucky!

Edited by Reds4life

I can't get much information at all from anyone at MSC in customer service on any topic, let alone an upgrade

They don't disclose how they decide on upgrades. I received one for my upcoming cruise and only noticed when the e-docs were issued.

I board DIVINA tomorrow, and the same thing happened to me, and a lot of other people on the sailing. I went from an inside guarantee to a balcony. I'm thrilled!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I sail on the April 29th sailing. I also have a guaranteed inside hopefully I get upgraded to a balcony

Was it within the same category, ie Inside, OceanView or Balcony Bella to I, OV, or B Fantastica :confused:

I already know by stateroom number. I booked inside guarantee and when everyone was talking about upgrades I went to look and my booking and says Fantastica and I know I booked Bella but still the same stateroom.

Cool ! Congratulations on the upgrades ! There's no rhyme or reason as to who receives these " gifts from the Cruise Gods" , just smile and enjoy . Normally the cruise line shuffle the cabin assignments to better sell a certain category of rooms for specific sailings.

My advice is to book the category that you want and be thankful for any upgrade gift you may receive . Any cabin on the ship is better than being on land ! !

ENJOY YOUR UPGRADES !

I was upgraded from Bella to Fantastica whatever that means lol

I means you go from a Bella designated cabin to a cabin designated as a Fantastica cabin.

You won't get the Fantastica service levels you will still get the Bella service level you booked, the T&Cs say only the cabin is upgraded and NOT THE EXPERIENCE.

From the T&Cs

When a complimentary upgrade is offered, our guests will benefit from the higher category cabin (from Bella to Fantastica for example), but not receive the benefits (pre-cruise or onboard).

Pete

• 5 months later...

Ive just been browsing these forums and came across this thread, for those of you who have received upgrades, when did you find out about it? Do they always tell you in advance or has anyone found they've been upgraded when they get to the ship?

Ive just been browsing these forums and came across this thread, for those of you who have received upgrades, when did you find out about it? Do they always tell you in advance or has anyone found they've been upgraded when they get to the ship?

I discovered we'd received an upgrade when I was checking my booking. No-one informed me beforehand. It wasn't a "guaranteed" booking, either. I'd chosen our cabin number - it was a Fantastica balcony. We were upgraded to an Aurea balcony but without the perks - except for MyChoice dining, which is one of the only Aurea perks that can't be booked or paid for. :D

As an FYI (and to save those who may feel the need to point the following out) ............. with the new-builds, there are some things that now need to be qualified that didn't before the advent of Meraviglia. Apparently, the private sundeck that comes with an Aurea booking and is usually accessible for a fee for others, cannot be accessed on Meraviglia by anyone other than those with an Aurea booking. It is becoming more and more difficult to speak in generalisations about MSC ships with the range of different policies onboard various vessels