Hilo/Kona advice (VNP with tea plantation possible?)

adverb

Hello! My husband and I will be on the Celebrity Solstice on Sept 22. We will be stopping at Kona for the day and then Hilo for the next. We plan to rent a car in both ports.

I would really like to see a tea plantation in one of those two ports. In Hilo, the Onomea Tea Company got good reviews and it is not too far from the port. The problem is I know Volcano National Parks was also highly recommended, and it is south of the port (whereas the tea plantation is north). I'd like to do both if possible. Do you think this is doable without completely rushing through VNP? I'm okay with sacrificing some stuff but I know it's a bit of a drive to get out there.

We are also going to Kona. There is another highly recommended tea plantation (Mauna Kea Tea) but they are over an hour away. I'd also like to stop by a coffee farm, although I know there are tons in Kona and they are close to the port (any recommendations? we were considering Hula Daddy) . I also heard good things about the macademia nut farm there (Hamakua Macadamia Nut Co), although it is a bit of a drive from the port. It's somewhat on the way to the tea farm. Not sure if it's worth the hassle, and definitely not sure if I end up skipping the tea farm.

Any advice?

I actually just discovered a third tea plantation in Hilo that might work better. It is the Big Island Tea. They don't have a lot of reviews but they are definitely closer so it might work better for timing wise.

I was thinking of doing VNP in the morning and then doing the tea plantation afterward. How much time should I budget for VNP? I'd like to do Crater Drive and the Lava Tubes. The Tea plantation tour is 2 hours. Is it possible to see Rainbow Falls on the way back or should I skip it? Thanks!