Best stops for Excursions?

Smokeeater2

Not sure where to post this question..

I know I can look under Ports of call threads to find recommendations of tour operators in that country, but what I'm looking for is an opinion of the countries we are stopping in, which has the best zip lining, which has the best snorkeling, which has the best Eco tours etc

I've read some people thought zip lining was better in one country than another. Same as snorkeling. What's your opinion

We are going Dec 3-10 2017 on RCI Jewel of the seas out of San Juan, stopping in:

St. Thomas US VI

St. Kitts

Antigua

Barbados

St. Lucia

We have 5 of us going (2 adults, 3 kids 9-16 yrs) and want to get the best bang for the buck.

You might want to post this on the cruise line forum only because there will be people who have visited those ports and will offer their opinions on which port was better for zip lining etc.

For Barbados we hired a taxi for the day and went around the island, saw a school, the rain forest and other things, it was a nice day!

You might want to post this on the cruise line forum only because there will be people who have visited those ports and will offer their opinions on which port was better for zip lining etc.

For Barbados we hired a taxi for the day and went around the island, saw a school, the rain forest and other things, it was a nice day!

Thanks for the info! I'll post it in Cruise Line as well

I would also copy and paste each one to get feedback on the ports of call boards.

In St. Lucia I would take an excursion and not go out on your own. Once you get a couple of blocks from the terminal it is not the nicest areas to walk.

In Barbados if you like to walk you can easily be in town within 30 minutes enjoying a pleasant walk or walk and/or take a taxi to a nice beach area.

Keith

It really depends what you want to do that determines if you need an excursion to do it! A guidebook on your ports is a very helpful tool...it will show you what is available in each place, and tell you about transportation, beaches, snorkeling, shopping, food/drink, safety, currency, etc.....everything you need to know is in guidebooks! Libraries have them in the reference section!

We would only book an excursion if what we want to do requires major traveling or is ONLY offered thru some sort of "guided tour".

Viator is a great option for most destinations go to their web site and type in the city. Or do directly to the destination city site. We rarely do cruise excursions unless it's a long ride to it, then book thru the ship in case of transportation failure the ship won't leave you. And this will happen if you book yourself.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Forums mobile app

You might check the TripAdvisor travel boards - Click on the "Things to Do" button, then enter the destination. You will then see the top attractions in each area, along with traveler reviews. As with cruise reviews, take the extreme reviews with a grain of salt as long as they're not in the majority.

I can make a suggestion for snorkeling. This excursion is booked on your own

They are very good, and the group is not large as on ship excursions

St Thomas-

http://www.usvisailing.com/daysails.html

Thanks

I do like the boogie board system for kids!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums