Transportation from amsterdam to rotterdam/flights

jow623

We are taking a cruise leaving from Rotterdam and going to Boston. What is the best way to get from Rotterdam to Amsterdam? Also, has anyone found a reasonable flight for this trip?

There is a train if that is of interest to you. Very quick and smooth.

Roll call members arranged a private transfer as well. Pricier than the train but reasonable and quick service door to door.

Enjoyed our TA on the Rotterdam and hope yours is as enjoyable.

We took a train from the Amsterdam airport to Rotterdam. You board the train right in the airport. As I remember there were frequent trains to Rotterdam and we chose to take an express train. We ended up staying at a hotel right across from the Rotterdam train station, so we just wheeled our luggage from the station across the street to the hotel. The next day we had the hotel call us a taxi to bring us to the port. This was four years ago so I don't recall the cost, but it was much less expensive than flying from Amsterdam to Rotterdam.

We took a train from the Amsterdam airport to Rotterdam. You board the train right in the airport. As I remember there were frequent trains to Rotterdam and we chose to take an express train. We ended up staying at a hotel right across from the Rotterdam train station, so we just wheeled our luggage from the station across the street to the hotel. The next day we had the hotel call us a taxi to bring us to the port. This was four years ago so I don't recall the cost, but it was much less expensive than flying from Amsterdam to Rotterdam.

We just took the high speed train from Rotterdam in May this year. since it originates in Amsterdam, I can say with some certainty in memory that it was at least every hour in frequency. train trip is not long and yes, you make a good point. The train is available right at the airport.

One important point on the trains is that you MUST manage your own luggage. There is no assistance (in case that is important).

Trains are well run in most countries in Europe and this one is no exception.:D You can book in advance on line too.

We took the train from Amsterdam to Rotterdam. Very very easy and fast. As Kazu points out, you have to handle your own luggage. It wasn't that big a deal for us. We stayed at the Marriott in Rotterdam which is a very short distance from the train station, less than a block away. The taxi ride to the pier was less than 15 Euros.

So are you looking for a one-way ticket for flying form the US to Amsterdam? Many people have said here that HAL air arrangements may give you the best one-way price. There are some complexities with using HAL air such as timing of getting your tickets confirmed, seat selections and possibly others.

We have flown one-way for decent prices on IcelandAir. We've left from Boston on either of their late evening flights which arrive in Reykjavik early morning. One time we changed planes and flew on to Europe, one time we stayed in Reykjavik for three nights - no extra charge for flights if you layover in Iceland for up to 7 days.

AirLingus does something very similar with the stop in Dublin. m--

I am confused.OP.

Flying from US to Schipol (Amsterdam)? Need to get to Rotterdam to board the ship?

Train, HAL transfer, limo would be the options. We like the train.

Our flight to west coast was HAL FlightEase under $600 per person in April. Huge bargain as the next best we could find was 1300 pp.

We just used the HAL transfer from Amsterdam to Rotterdam. Flew into AMS, spent three nights (Banks Mansion), and then took a taxi to the pick-up point for the HAL transfer. The convenience of watching our bags put on the bus and not seeing them until they showed up in our cabin was well worth the $49 pp in a nice, comfortable bus. We looked into a taxi or a towncar and the HAL price was competitive.

As mentioned by others there are 2 fast trains (Intercity) each hour between Amsteram-Schiphol airport and Rotterdam. There is a small surcharge. Also regular trains, again 2 each hour. Sprintertrains make a lot of stops in between which makes the journey a bit longer.

You will have to take care of your luggage at alle times, in and out the trains, but please stay with it, never leave it unattended.

Also donot travel during rushhour, between 7.30 and 9, you might not have a seat.

Flying from Amsterdam to Rotterdam? No . do you know how close they are to each other? You want land transportation.

Regarding flights from US to AMS, we found IcelandAir to be a good price for a one-way with an excellent connection in Reykjavik. We booked their Comfort Plus (I think that's the name) class and then 10 days before flying were given an option to bid on upgrade to First Class for both legs of the journey. We ended up in First Class all the way for $1,000 less than those who paid for it in the first place.