Solo cruiser

Muscovites

Hi there, having recently lost my husband I am apprehensive about cruising solo. Have heard good reports re Fred Olson cruises for singles. Anyone been on one solo, or have any views on it. Thanks so much for any feedback.

Isobel.

Hello Isobel

I lost my husband a year past November and went on my first Fred Olsen cruise as a single last September and was absolutely dreading it, but I thought I have to get on and enjoy the rest of my life.

I had a great first cruise met lots of nice people and still keep in touch with them. I have booked a further cruise to Iceland at the end of May this year and looking forward to it still with a little trepidation but feeling better than before my first cruise.

I also think its a good way for women on their own to travel. Go ahead and book a cruise you will be glad to did.

Best wishes Tracey

Hi Tracey

Thanks for your positive answer. I bit the bullet today and have booked a 5 night cruise to the Norwegian Fjords in August. Fingers crossed I have as good an experience on my first single cruise as you did. Enjoy your cruise in May too.

Best wishes.

Isobel.

A single friend came on a cruise with myself and partner quite some years ago. She met another single lady on that cruise and they have been friends ever since, but coincidentally they both live in Kent.

The cruise lines arrange get together S for single travellers which you can attend or not. My OH and self like different things, so attend separate events and I have also met up with people away from him to take part in an activity.

I am sure you will be fine and afterwards will be pleased you had the courage to do it.

Hi Isobel

You have taken the first step and booked it all you have to do now is to pack and look forward to it. You will be booking another one before you know it. Have a great time.

Best wishes Tracey