Britannia. Norway in May - Excursions

Shallwe123

Hello everyone,

Can anyone give any information / details about doing Norway in a Nutshell with Britannia's excursion team.

It seems a bit expensive to us ! Does anyone know if this trip can be done independently ?

Cheers

I haven't done it, we are on the Norway fjords in July and while researching some if the ports there were lots of posts about that excursion. If you put it into the ports section I'm sure you'll find the comments. (Sorry doing post on the move or I'd try and post some links) [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We looked at Norway in a nutshell on our own ,but we couldn't,t get the bus timetable to fit in and make sure we got back to the ship on time .

With the lunch include I think it is ok price wise .We plan to book it .

You can book Flam railway online your self and you could then do a cruise up the fjord and then take the bus back to the ship .If you google Norway tourist info there is a lot of good info .

Good Luck

One of the best value trips we have done. It was £90 when we did it.

Coach through some amazing tunnels and scenery, stopping on the way a couple of time.

Stop at Voss for a wander and a Norwegian buffet lunch.

Local train from Voss to Myrdal.

Flam railway back to port

The trip does also operate in reverse.

DIY you could get to Voss on trains then possibly get a taxi back to ship as Voss is a large town.

However depending when you go in May the trip could be curtailed due to snow at high levels.

Hello everyone,

Can anyone give any information / details about doing Norway in a Nutshell with Britannia's excursion team.

It seems a bit expensive to us ! Does anyone know if this trip can be done independently ?

Cheers

Thank you so much for your input, it's much appreciated.

Having just returned from the Britannias trip to Norway that docked yesterday, and been on the Norway in A Nutshell tour here are a few thoughts of mine.

Britannia is a large ship, unless you have prebooked Flåm railway tickets online if you don't book an excursion you may find yourself disappointed I spoke with a few people that tried to buy tickets on the day but all were already taken by P&O.

We did it in the reverse order to the Juggler, starting with the train up to snowy Myrdal, through to snowfields to Voss.

The lunch buffet was pretty good, a large cold selection, three hot dishes, a selection of breads and rye bread crackers, and fruits and jelly for desserts.

After lunch we visited a beautiful waterfall, with a souvenir stand at the bottom, don't use the toilets there they charge 10 kroner, wait until the next stop where they are free.

It was a good trip and worth the money.

Having just returned from the Britannias trip to Norway that docked yesterday, and been on the Norway in A Nutshell tour here are a few thoughts of mine.

Britannia is a large ship, unless you have prebooked Flåm railway tickets online if you don't book an excursion you may find yourself disappointed I spoke with a few people that tried to buy tickets on the day but all were already taken by P&O.

We did it in the reverse order to the Juggler, starting with the train up to snowy Myrdal, through to snowfields to Voss.

The lunch buffet was pretty good, a large cold selection, three hot dishes, a selection of breads and rye bread crackers, and fruits and jelly for desserts.

After lunch we visited a beautiful waterfall, with a souvenir stand at the bottom, don't use the toilets there they charge 10 kroner, wait until the next stop where they are free.

It was a good trip and worth the money.

Thank you Hatters Cruiser for your review of Britannia's Nutshell excursion. We have booked this trip with P&O.

Can't hardly wait to get onboard and explore. We are sooooo looking forward to going to Norway.

Thanks for the good review .We too have booked for next week .Even trying to book the Flam railway on their own website it is fully booked for Britannia ,s next arrival .

Roll on Norway :-)

Thanks for the good review .We too have booked for next week .Even trying to book the Flam railway on their own website it is fully booked for Britannia ,s next arrival .

We have just returned from Britannia's recent trip to Norway and had the same problem re the Flaam railway. P & O charge an extortionate price for the train and I tried to book independently, but there were no tickets available, except for the 08.30 train. As the ship wasn't docking until around 07.30 any delay would have meant us missing the train, so we booked the excursion.

On arrival the train station is less than a 100 yards from the ship and we spoke to several people who went to the ticket office and booked tickets throughout the day independently.

Similarly, at Stavanger we booked the fjord trip to Pulpit Rock, only to find the boat and ticket office was right by the ship.

Both were spectacular trips and well worth doing.

We have just returned from Britannia's recent trip to Norway and had the same problem re the Flaam railway. P & O charge an extortionate price for the train and I tried to book independently, but there were no tickets available, except for the 08.30 train. As the ship wasn't docking until around 07.30 any delay would have meant us missing the train, so we booked the excursion.

On arrival the train station is less than a 100 yards from the ship and we spoke to several people who went to the ticket office and booked tickets throughout the day independently.

Similarly, at Stavanger we booked the fjord trip to Pulpit Rock, only to find the boat and ticket office was right by the ship.

Both were spectacular trips and well worth doing.

Thank you so much Meresyke.. We're getting a tad giddy with excitement :-)