Braemar food?

kayelbee

Hi, I understand there is no all day buffet on the Braemar and that there is a room service menu that I can order from. Does anyone have a copy of the menu and is it the 'done thing' to tip the staff who deliver?

Thanks

Hi, I understand there is no all day buffet on the Braemar and that there is a room service menu that I can order from. Does anyone have a copy of the menu and is it the 'done thing' to tip the staff who deliver?

Thanks

We have never actually used it so don't know about tipping but I do have a menu.

In Room dining is as follows:-

Available between 10am and 11pm.

Soup of the Day

Smoked & Marinated Salmon Platter with Toast & Cream Cheese

Ploughman's platter with Gala Pie, Stilton, Ham, Coleslaw, Pickle & Salad

Chef's Salad

Various Sandwiches including Club, Tuna, Beef, Ham, Open sandwiches, mozzarella, tomato & lettuce

Cakes of the Day, Creme Caramel or Fresh Fruit Salad

Selection of Afternoon tea pastries 1530-1800

Teas, Coffees & Juices.

Hope this helps!

Any other questions, please ask

Jules

We have used room service quite a lot. Most often for breakfast if we want out early or do not want to get up early enough to use the restaurants (when we often order the breakfast, and go back to sleep after it is delivered). Basic breakfast but will not go hungry.

We have also used room service for meals when we want to be in port at meal times, or want to be in an observation lounge for scenic cruising. We tend to order a soup, one of the platters which are cold, but good and then creme caramel or fruit salad. We may have asked for a roll to go with the meal as I am not sure it is provided automatically. We consider this a good meal. You need to order about 30 mins before you want it to make sure it arrives - I think they give a time estimation, or perhaps we normally ask for that.

We give a tip (usually £1), unless breakfast is provided by room steward, when we then make sure any extra tip we give takes account of this service. I think this is the norm on cruise ships.

Edited by tring

• 2 weeks later...