Service Reward Scheme

peteukmcr

It has been reported that the Service Reward Scheme (formally known as Gratuities) is changing for cruises departing 2nd May onwards.

The current amount of £5 per person per day is increasing to £5.50.

Anyone else received this notification?

its still massive value compared to the bigger lines, and the more upmarket cruise lines.

Its great great value.

I agree, no complaints from me as I pay approximately £9.27 pppd on RCI at the current USD to GBP exchange rate in anything other than a suite, for a suite it's roughly £11.33 pppd.

No way I ever remove gratuities and will let P&O continue and increase them to the new rate.

I thought from some of Dai's posts that the P&O reward scheme was separate to the gratuity charges and based on the approval ratings from the on board questionnaires. But given the cost level this does fit the current gratuity charge.

I thought from some of Dai's posts that the P&O reward scheme was separate to the gratuity charges and based on the approval ratings from the on board questionnaires. But given the cost level this does fit the current gratuity charge.

Hi terrierjohn, who is Dai ?

Edited by PedroLeBlanc

It is already in the Help & Advice section of P&Os website that it is £5-50pppn.
Thanks. I was trying to access P&O but there must have been website issues and have only just been able to access the Help pages.

Yes John each time I have discussed this the two have been separated. Now the other one was called the Bonus scheme and it was this bonus which was determined by the questionnaire responses.

I presume that this is still the case as the letter I have seen promises that 100% of all tips, now service reward scheme would go to the staff.

Waiters and cabin staff.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It's better value but on the US lines you pay more in grats but get way better service,

That's interesting... I've found absolutely no difference in service on any cruise line, although Thomson was slightly better than all- and grats are included there.

It has been reported that the Service Reward Scheme (formally known as Gratuities) is changing for cruises departing 2nd May onwards.

The current amount of £5 per person per day is increasing to £5.50.

Anyone else received this notification?

Just received our email for our Britannia cruise departing on May 2nd and yes it is increasing by 50p to £5.50. Suppose the queue at reception will be even longer now as pax ask to have them removed;)

Just received our email for our Britannia cruise departing on May 2nd and yes it is increasing by 50p to £5.50. Suppose the queue at reception will be even longer now as pax ask to have them removed;)
Over 50p per person per day? :eek:

Because I will decide what to pay. I have already paid for my holiday and do not want to be forced into paying for something. I will tip, but on my terms. Tipping is a very controversial topic, P&O should include it in their price somehow. Besides which, we should not be forced/encouraged to supplement the staff's wages.

Because I will decide what to pay. I have already paid for my holiday and do not want to be forced into paying for something. I will tip, but on my terms. Tipping is a very controversial topic, P&O should include it in their price somehow. Besides which, we should not be forced/encouraged to supplement the staff's wages.

Fair comment, didn't mean anything by it, just wondered if you thought the staff were lacking, thats all.

Edited by bee-ess

As posted earlier it's considerably less that RCI,Celebrity, NCL etc, also on P and O and I think I am correct in saying they do not charge gratuities for a child. I just wish I could prepay it when paying the final balance for the cruise on P and O. My opinion is "prepay it and forget all about it and get on and enjoy the cruise".

I don't agree with any kind of tipping. It's too selective. As mentioned before, why do we only think we should tip certain occupations.

I don't mind the tipping but we are subsiding their wages, as their wages are pretty low without the tips. I would rather tips the good ones a bit more, much preferred the envelope system, this way they get their tips however they perform and I doubt that many cancel them.

I wonder if this is to do with the new living wage and P&O recouping the higher wage bill by upping the gratuities. I'd guess a lot of the staff are 25+. A full cruise creates a lot of extra daily 50p's...! Just a thought.