Formula one.

gunn3rs3

Last year when on board we were able to watch F1 races but it depends, I think, if P&O have renewed their contract with Sports 24 or whatever it's called. It's not cheap apparently so don't know if it's been renewed. The Entertainments Manager - Cruise Director or whatever he's called now - will be able to tell you. We have found that Reception had no idea when we've asked in the past.

I don't think Sport 24tv have the live rights to Formula 1, they are showing todays grand prix at 5:30 pm, which is presumably the Sky highlights show.

Celebrity have ESPN on their ships TV which did have live Formula 1 last time we sailed.

Edited by terrierjohn

I don't think Sport 24tv have the live rights to Formula 1, they are showing todays grand prix at 5:30 pm, which is presumably the Sky highlights show.

Celebrity have ESPN on their ships TV which did have live Formula 1 last time we sailed.

They do have rights to show Formula 1 but it often seems to be "as-live" due to clashes with Football. On our upcoming Arcadia Cruise the Spanish Grand Prix is being shown at 5.30pm. It may be on in The Rising Sun but it will definitely be available on the in-cabin TV.

Some more info can be found here : https://ask.pocruises.com/help/life-on-board/sport24

I hope this helps.

Eddie

How would they not have the rights but show it at 17.30? They do show football first, but will show the race. If it is on in the rising sun is a different matter. It depends if it clashes with one of the many quizzes or a singer. Hence why you might have to watch from the cabin

Have a look on sport 24 website schedule it's is listed on there.

I will be watching from the grandstand whilst on the Oceana cruise can't wait

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by Bacardi..

How would they not have the rights but show it at 17.30? They do show football first, but will show the race. If it is on in the rising sun is a different matter. It depends if it clashes with one of the many quizzes or a singer. Hence why you might have to watch from the cabin

Have a look on sport 24 website schedule it's is listed on there.

I will be watching from the grandstand whilst on the Oceana cruise can't wait

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I said I did not think they had LIVE rights, which is different to recorded highlights.