Room Service Menu

snow bunny

I saw a post about a week or so ago with the alcohol that is available by the bottle but cannot track it down now. Just wondering what the price is for scotch and what is the gratuity amount that is charged?? As well, what does the breakfast menu look like?

Many thanks for any and all replies! Looking forward to our Grand Princess cruise!

snow bunny

• Like 1

I saw a post about a week or so ago with the alcohol that is available by the bottle but cannot track it down now. Just wondering what the price is for scotch and what is the gratuity amount that is charged?? As well, what does the breakfast menu look like?

Many thanks for any and all replies! Looking forward to our Grand Princess cruise!

snow bunny

Beverage Package & Cellars in this website:

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-gifts-celebrations/gifts-and-services/

scan0020_zpsc9272f74.jpg
Edited by Astro Flyer

They only offer two types of scotch in the room: Johnny Walker Red and Cutty Sark. My son was not thrilled. There is a much wider variety available in the bars including Lagavulen and McCallens, Glen Fiddich and Glen Livet. (I don't drink, so I think I got those sort of correct). You cannot buy a bottle, but you can have a couple of fingers (shots?) poured and carry it to your room.

• 1 month later...

snow bunny

Gratuity isn't charged, you give the waiter whatever you think it's worth.

That is a really weak breakfast menu - we are usually I'm suite and didn't realize basically room service breakfast is nothing - I will say on Celebrity you can get full breakfast -

If you're in a suite, you can order off of the full menu. Just ask your steward to bring the menus to your cabin.

We ordered bacon, sausage, eggs and other items that were not listed on the breakfast menu for your cabin. Just ask and they are usually pretty good about bringing it.

--Mike

While we rarely do this, I have asked for hard boiled eggs and they have gotten them for me for room service. I always ask if they are too busy and though .... never had them so no but then again, haven't pushed the envelope.

As long as it is something available in the buffet, they usually will bring it. I always tip them a little extra when ordering something not on the basic menu.

Princess has very good room service. While you have access to a better menu on Celebrity, the actual service on Princess has proven (for us) to be better on Princess.

• 2 weeks later...
When it says "Suite breakfast", does that include mini-suites?

Sorry, no. Mini-suites have no real perks except more space and a bathtub in the bathroom. Also, two glasses of cheap sparkling wine on embarkation day.

Edited by ar1950

Wow, that room service breakfast menu is weeeeeeeeaaaak.

I was looking forward to breakfast on my balcony in two weeks time, but I might skip it.

The Royal Caribbean breakfast menu is leaps and bounds ahead - full cooked breakfast, choice of cocktails, champagne (obviously alcohol at a fee or on your beverage package). For all cabins, not just suites.

How disappointing.

• 1 year later...

NOPE RCCL has the exact same lame room service menu for breakfast ..you can order hot food for 8.00$ fee and zero lunch or dinner items for free.

Liberty of the Seas July2017

• 2 months later...

snow bunny

We went on the Golden Princess around New Zealand in 2016 and you could order from the room service menu, the 375ml bottles of Cutty Shark for AU$22 and JW red AU$28? Which is good value for 11 AU standard drinks per bottle. (AU is 30ml and US is about 44ml)

I do wonder if they still have the same offer in the Room Service menu?

As well, what does the breakfast menu look like?

We just disembarked two weeks ago from the Emerald, and we ordered room service breakfast for 4 days. They will deliver a cooked hot breakfast, consisting of eggs, bacon, toast, Danish pastries, sliced fresh fruit, juice, and as many pots of coffee as you wish. We thought this was a lot of food, as they delivered enough scrambled eggs to feed about 6 people, and my husband ordered only 2 breakfasts. My husband, who likes a "ranch breakfast" as we say in the West, ordered "extra" bacon, and they brought a separate plate with 16 slices of bacon. ;p

That's a LOT of food. Needless to say, we were too full to eat any lunch.

They got the order right 100% of the time, and the food arrived about 20 minutes after we ordered. Even on the day when we were viewing the glacier, and many passengers were ordering room service so they could eat on their balcony, the food arrived, hot, ,cooked correctly, and within 20 minutes.

Very impressed with room service for breakfast. :p:p:p:p- EBC

As well, what does the breakfast menu look like?
We just disembarked two weeks ago from the Emerald, and we ordered room service breakfast for 4 days. They will deliver a cooked hot breakfast, consisting of eggs, bacon, toast, Danish pastries, sliced fresh fruit, juice, and as many pots of coffee as you wish. We thought this was a lot of food, as they delivered enough scrambled eggs to feed about 6 people, and my husband ordered only 2 breakfasts. My husband, who likes a "ranch breakfast" as we say in the West, ordered "extra" bacon, and they brought a separate plate with 16 slices of bacon. ;p That's a LOT of food. Needless to say, we were too full to eat any lunch.

They got the order right 100% of the time, and the food arrived about 20 minutes after we ordered. Even on the day when we were viewing the glacier, and many passengers were ordering room service so they could eat on their balcony, the food arrived, hot, cooked correctly, and promptly. Very impressed with room service for breakfast. Have I mentioned that we LOVE Princess and had a fabulous cruise....... :p:p:p:p- EBC

We just disembarked two weeks ago from the Emerald, and we ordered room service breakfast for 4 days. They will deliver a cooked hot breakfast, consisting of eggs, bacon, toast, Danish pastries, sliced fresh fruit, juice, and as many pots of coffee as you wish. We thought this was a lot of food, as they delivered enough scrambled eggs to feed about 6 people, and my husband ordered only 2 breakfasts. My husband, who likes a "ranch breakfast" as we say in the West, ordered "extra" bacon, and they brought a separate plate with 16 slices of bacon. ;p That's a LOT of food. Needless to say, we were too full to eat any lunch.

They got the order right 100% of the time, and the food arrived about 20 minutes after we ordered. Even on the day when we were viewing the glacier, and many passengers were ordering room service so they could eat on their balcony, the food arrived, hot, cooked correctly, and promptly. Very impressed with room service for breakfast. Have I mentioned that we LOVE Princess and had a fabulous cruise....... :p:p:p:p- EBC

Were you in a suite?

If you were not in a suite........

How did you order your hot items? Did you write in the request since it's not printed on the door tag?

All ships handle this differently, most do not allow hot food orders.

It does not hurt to try it. All they can say is no. :)

If you were not in a suite........

How did you order your hot items? Did you write in the request since it's not printed on the door tag?

All ships handle this differently, most do not allow hot food orders.

It does not hurt to try it. All they can say is no. :)

HI Keith, We are brand-new cruisers, and we did not even realize there was a printed menu. We were so naive that we thought that room service probably served the same items as at the buffet. So, my husband just called the room service number on the phone and ordered the hot cooked items.

Now that I think of it, we probably put them to a lot of trouble. I did give her a $5.00 tip, as she was a petite waitress who had to bring in a heavy tray stacked with lots of food items. Just another example of stellar service from the Princess crew.

I'm sorry everyone -- up until just now, I did not realize that room service normally does not include a hot cooked breakfast. Thank you for clarifying. -- EBC

Edited by EastBay Cruisers

HI Keith, We are brand-new cruisers, and we did not even realize there was a printed menu. We were so naive that we thought that room service probably served the same items as at the buffet. So, my husband just called the room service number on the phone and ordered the hot cooked items.

Now that I think of it, we probably put them to a lot of trouble. I did give her a $5.00 tip, as she was a petite waitress who had to bring in a heavy tray stacked with lots of food items. Just another example of stellar service from the Princess crew.

I'm sorry everyone -- up until just now, I did not realize that room service normally does not include a hot cooked breakfast. Thank you for clarifying. -- EBC

No need to apologize!

You've just demonstrated, as you said, the wonderful, wonderful service we love from Princess!

No problem. Like I said some ships do it some don't Glad you were able to enjoy it through RS. :cool: