If I can only do one, whick would you recommend?

Brdhouse

1st week of October we are cruising on Serenity of the Seas to Maine and Canada. Deciding between our stop in Halifax, Nova Scotia to tour Peggy's Cove or to do a Fundy tour in Saint John, NB. We want to do a private tour only in one of these ports and can only afford one. So which port excursion would be recommended for getting the most bang out of our buck.? Many thanks🙂

Which is better to see or which is better to be on a tour. Peggy's cove is hands down more impressive than the Bay of Fundy. You can do Peggy's Cover on your own easily with a rental car or taxi and once there no need for a guide. Bay of Fundy a guide would be more useful.

I would also try to figure out how to do both. DipBrat gives a good recommendation that Peggy's Cove can be done on your own. Is it possible to involve more people in your private tour to reduce the per person cost. I also agree that Peggy's Cove is more impressive than Fundy (although Fundy is very interesting).

enhance

enhance

I read that the road to Peggy's Cove can get fairly crowded. There are 4 ships in port the day we are there, and we are the 3rd to go to shore. What kind of time table am I looking at to go and come back. We would also like to see Halifax.

Yikes! I cannot help you much. Peggy's Cove will be very crowded. Maybe you could go later in the day if you leave port later than the other ships. In the link I put above there is a map showing a route to some other small coves in the Halifax area. Perhaps visit them and maybe go to Peggy's Cove later. It depends on how much time you have.

Or just stay in the city which can better absorb visitors.

1st week of October we are cruising on Serenity of the Seas to Maine and Canada. Deciding between our stop in Halifax, Nova Scotia to tour Peggy's Cove or to do a Fundy tour in Saint John, NB. We want to do a private tour only in one of these ports and can only afford one. So which port excursion would be recommended for getting the most bang out of our buck.? Many thanks[emoji846]
Was at both this past June. Saint John is a pretty city that was fun to walk around in but if you've never been to Peggy's Cove you should definitely do that one. Yes, odds are it will be crowded but there are reasons it attracts so many people!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I read that the road to Peggy's Cove can get fairly crowded. There are 4 ships in port the day we are there, and we are the 3rd to go to shore. What kind of time table am I looking at to go and come back. We would also like to see Halifax.

It can be a bit crowded with multiple ships in port in Halifax. October is generally better than July & August. It's about an hour drive each way and there are a few rental locations near the port.

Agree with all the advice here. I would suggest starting with the city (best on foot) and use a rental car to go to Peggy's Cove after lunch when it should be quieter. Lot of coastal stuff to see on the way and you can take the direct route back at the end of the day.

This should be very affordable and leave your budget for a tour to Bay of Fundy.