Halifax lobster

JPH814

We will be in Halifax in late September. We have done all of the typical halifax stuff before so we just want to walk along the riverfront and maybe visit the Maritime museum. Any suggestions for a good lobster lunch close to the cruise pier?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Walking along the harbourfront you will see a take out place featuring lobster. You can also have lobster in many of the restaurants in the area. If you are going for whole boiled lobster you cannot go wrong in any of them.

McKelvie's is an upscale fish restaurant in the area. The Bluenose II does a good lobster meal. https://www.tripadvisor.ca/Restaurants-g154976-Halifax_Halifax_Region_Nova_Scotia.html Go to the left on this list and check off downtown, lunch and seafood to narrow down the choices. This list does not include the take out on the waterfront and whatever may be on offer at the Seaport Market near the cruise dock.

• 3 weeks later...

Most people say yes. We did it as part of a private taxi tour of the area which included the Titanic cemetery and a couple other places. It was a good day but a lot of time spent in a car.

We also spent a different day in Halifax seeing the citadel, a waterfront museum and the Alexander Keith Brewery. We actually enjoyed that day a little more.

So it depends what you are

Into.

Edited by JPH814

The drive to Peggy's Cove is about an hour each way. Only you can decide whether it is worth it. If you go, get there as soon as possible to avoid the crowds. https://www.google.ca/search?q=images+peggy%27s+cove&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=681&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjtjf-Eo9_OAhWOMx4KHUyaAhQQsAQIIg

I believe Peggy's cove is worth it. As a local I'm forever taking out of town friends there and they all really enjoy themselves.

I should mention while it is a bit of a drive, it's a lovely one ( more picturesque if you take the 103 and exit at exit 5. There is a maple factory there and about 15 minutes further down a lovely gift shop that has the house exterior painted beautifully) while you're in Peggy's cove stop in at the Swiss air flight 111 memorial site. It's a peaceful place.

So it's more than just Peggy's cove, there is lots to do on the route there.

I believe Peggy's cove is worth it. As a local I'm forever taking out of town friends there and they all really enjoy themselves.

I should mention while it is a bit of a drive, it's a lovely one ( more picturesque if you take the 103 and exit at exit 5. There is a maple factory there and about 15 minutes further down a lovely gift shop that has the house exterior painted beautifully) while you're in Peggy's cove stop in at the Swiss air flight 111 memorial site. It's a peaceful place.

So it's more than just Peggy's cove, there is lots to do on the route there.

Where is the Memorial site?

Laura

Where is the Memorial site?

Laura

It's 2.6 KM (I think about 1.5 miles) from peggys cove. I don't think I'd walk it, but if you have a car, as you leave peggys cove take a left at the stop sign, you'll see the swiss air memorial on the left and a peggys cove gift shop on the right.

http://www.novascotia.com/see-do/attractions/swissair-memorial-site-peggys-cove/1636

Most people say yes. We did it as part of a private taxi tour of the area which included the Titanic cemetery and a couple other places. It was a good day but a lot of time spent in a car.

We also spent a different day in Halifax seeing the citadel, a waterfront museum and the Alexander Keith Brewery. We actually enjoyed that day a little more.

So it depends what you are

Into.

Which taxi tour did you take? And what are your reviews for it?

What does all this have to do with where to get a good lobster? [emoji57]

His name was Jim. i have his phone number... It was almost 10 years ago so I don't know if he is still around. If you want it message me.

Edited by JPH814

• 1 year later...