Here comes JOSE and another

canoncruiser

It looks like QM2 will be sailing right into some part of Jose as she and Jose are both headed to the Big Apple! her next voyage sailing on the 22nd is to New England-so life aboard should be interesting-to say the least. Wish I was on board; and the is another storm coming along behind Jose. Give thanks to Stephen Payne for designing her the way he did. :D

Funny, I was thinking the same thing today. It does look like the QM2 will be sailing right into Jose. Not sure if it will be a Hurricane or a tropical storm but I admit I would love to be aboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As of Monday night the storm is expected to weaken from a hurricane to a tropical storm. The current track has the storm coming right into her on Thursday, then it is shown to take a counter-clockwise turn around. It may follow the ship up to Newport, Rhode Island and Boston. Any storm would cancel the call at Newport as that is a tender port.

These graphic will change as the storm track is updated every six hours:

National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration - National Hurricane Center

Disembarked QM2 yesterday in Brooklyn. The noon announcement Thursday mentioned a more southerly course to avoid Jose but with increased motion predicted into the early evening. In the event, the wind and swells Thursday afternoon, evening, and overnight were very strong with the ship listing noticeably to port for prolonged periods. Walking without a railing to grab was difficult, bordering on dangerous for those less able to adjust. No further announcements were heard until Friday morning when there was a passing reference to the prior day's weather.

Disembarked in Brooklyn too after José. One our table staff said this was the worst weather he had experienced in his 14 years on board. The wind was force 11. When I arrived home I looked up the measurements. Force 12 is the highest. The ship did very very well. We did not miss a meal or lecture. The planetarium show was cancelled though. We were in 10 Forward and it did rock and roll but that is what an Atlantic crossing is all about. A little bit of every weather is perfect.