Spirit for first time cruiser?

SweetsugarNL

I was wondering if the spirit is a good choice for a first time cruiser. I can choose between Pullmantur (Horizon) Costa Diadema or Luminosa, or the Spirit. I was wondering if it is worth the more cost.

Spirit is the oldest ship in the NCL fleet. We've sailed on her twice most recently about 18 months ago. That being said, we really like the ship it is a classic type cruise ship.

Never been on the other lines. Spirit doesn't have many bells and whistles like the new ships but not sure what you are all looking for.

I sailed on the Spirit in Europe 2 years ago and loved it, but if you really like the look and options of the Oasis class ships, you might be disappointed. I am also not a fan of mega ships, nor would I partake in rock climbing, ice skating, flow riding (?), etc so the Spirit worked well for us.

Usually European/Med cruises are very port intensive, with only 1-2 sea days, so for many people, the ship is less important than the itinerary and times in port. If you are off the ship 8-10 hours in ports each day, by the time you get back in board, freshen up, have dinner, and possibly see the show or visit a live music venue, you fall into bed exhausted. If your itinerary has more than 1-2 sea days, or if you are only in port for a few hours each day, the ship becomes more important.

Good luck making your decision!

I concur that the Spirit was a great ship for a first cruise. Galaxy of the Stars in the Front is great and there is a plenty to do walking around the ship. It never felt extremely crowded and the itinerary in the Med has so many ports that you don't need the big ships. Did the Getaway this summer in the Baltics and actually wish it had been the Spirit doing that route as well. This will be a good choice

Thank you so much!

Indeed in december there is only Aida, NCL. Pullmantur and Costa who sail Europe routes.

Im also looking naar the symphony of the seas med cruise next year, but i think that i not enjoy enough the ship because the intensive route.

I think you can better do that in the florida routes.

I was wondering if the spirit is a good choice for a first time cruiser. I can choose between Pullmantur (Horizon) Costa Diadema or Luminosa, or the Spirit. I was wondering if it is worth the more cost.

I will be on the Spirit soon as I like the itinerary. I have seen the Diadema in some ports that I have visited. I would be interested in that ship as it's very new. I saw videos on my Costa cruise about it being built and it has everything that one desires except for the other 4000 passengers.:)