Golden Princess - Maui snorkeling

janetjulie

We are currently booked for the snorkeling trio in Maui through Princess. Would love to hear from anyone that has been on this snorkeling trip and how did you like it?

Would also like to know what time we could reasonably expect to get to shore if we decide to cancel this snorkel trip and go with another vendor. If you went with another vendor who did you go with and do recommend them?

Thanks for your help.

Janet

We did the snorkeling excursion five years ago (we didn't do any excursions -- indy or thru the ship on our Dec. cruise on the Golden) so I would hate to recommend or not it, as it may be a different operator, boat, etc.

I can tell you we had priority tendering because of it (which you won't otherwise) and we did see whales (males playing it up for the female's attention). We ended up going to a different location than listed on the Princess website (I think we went to two different places for the actual snorkeling). We were fed. My hubby and daughter did snorkel, but I stayed on the ship along with another woman who had her toddler with her (I'm not into being underwear -- but I knew my family wanted to do this).

It's hard to say when you will be able to catch a tender if not on a Princess-booked excursion, Elite, or in a suite (I think they get priority too). It's just the way it is and makes sense.

Hi Janet,

We have also booked the Princess snorkeling excursion out of Maui. I have also been looking at independent snorkeling excursions and will be happy to share any info that I may find before we embark (March 30). I don't know if you watched the video of this trip that Princess posted on their excursions page, but we found it interesting. I'll keep in touch with you.

Archived