"Guaranteed" designation

Pepc

We are booked in an "F" category suite for an upcoming cruise. I just looked on the Regent website and when you view the "fares" tab it shows a designation of "guaranteed" as opposed to "wait list" or "available".

Please advise what "guaranteed" means.

Thanks!

It means that you would not get a specific cabin assigned to you until a few weeks or days before the cruise, and that cabin would be the "GTY" level you booked, or higher. It's fairly common to end up on a higher deck, occasionally in a larger cabin.

The desirability of booking such a guarantee depends on which ship it is, and how risk averse you are. I would hesitate to book a GTY on either Voyager or Navigator because they both have vibration problems aft. But I've been told there are no bad cabins on Mariner. So I might try one on that ship.

But it sounds like you don't have a guarantee, since you say you booked a specific stateroom. This designation means they are selling more cabins at this particular rate, and will move people up as needed when the cruise is near.

Wendy is, as usual, accurate in her reply. If you book on a guaranteed basis, you do not immediately know the suite number, but you are guaranteed to be allocated a suite of no less value that the class you paid for. Occasionally you are given a much higher class of suite. You may wish to read the posts in this thread:- http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1377038

Thank you both for the explanations.

I am booked into a specific cabin on the Mariner in category F.

If I understand you correctly, they "may" offer me another cabin as we get closer to my cruise in June - - but I am guaranteed my specific cabin and they can not move me if I do not agree to it, correct?

If I understand you correctly, they "may" offer me another cabin as we get closer to my cruise in June - - but I am guaranteed my specific cabin and they can not move me if I do not agree to it, correct?

They will only make an offer if your TA is pro active and you have indicated you are open to such an upgrade...know that the "upgrade fairy" is generally an offer at a price...$$$$$ don't think I have heard of free upgrades on Regents. We gave up an F Cat. Cabin mid-ship for an Aft Seven Seas Suite but had to pay a "gulp" pretty good price for that offer....love it, but it was not free!

Thank you, Nana541.

What surprised me was that the "fare" tab on the internet site for our cruise showed the entire category for "F" as guaranteed. The only categories that are "guaranteed" are F, G and H. Everything else is available except from the Horizon suites and higher. They are listed as wait list.

As Nana said, paid upgrades are always possible, for infrequent. Since you have a specific cabin, that's what you'll be sailing in, unless they try to upsell you on a "better" cabin, and no, normally they won't move you to another cabin, unless you agree.

Normally, if you book a specific suite, that is what you get. Very occasionally a higher grade may be offered if you are willing to pay a supplement. If you had booked on a GTY basis, you could be allocated anywhere Regegent has space, but not of less value than you original GTY booking.

Archived