Alaska

babs135

Next March is only a little over a year out from the cruise dates. Seems a bit late. I wonder if there is a member(s) of this board currently on one of the Queens who could ask the future cruise office on board and let us know here what answer is received???

Cunard doing Alaska voyages ? The only time I see them going Alaska is during world cruise. Looking to book Alaska next summer. Planning on going with princess but my hubby would definitely before waiting to take a Cunard trip.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very strange conversation with UK Cunard today. The person on the phone was insistent that from 20th June to 30th June, QE is doing a Vancouver to Vancouver sailing with absolutely no port calls. She wouldn't budge on that even when I said it's a strange sort of cruise that goes nowhere....

Then 30th June to 3rd July it's Vancouver to San Francisco.

Guess more patience is required.

No not charted, ( from the horses mouth) Cunard are waiting for HAL & Princess (who have 'priority in the Alaskan ports of call') to announce their Alaskan itineraries . Once that has been announced Cunard are looking at a 'possibility' of a round trip Vancouver, Vancouver with a 'few' Alaskan calls.

No not charted, ( from the horses mouth) Cunard are waiting for HAL & Princess (who have 'priority in the Alaskan ports of call') to announce their Alaskan itineraries . Once that has been announced Cunard are looking at a 'possibility' of a round trip Vancouver, Vancouver with a 'few' Alaskan calls.

Thank you. That makes sense.

I wonder if Cunard will apply for a Glacier Bay license once the present 10yr concessions run out late 2019. I know HAL and Princess have historical continued priority, but the other three cruise ship concessions might be up for grabs.It's the jewel destination of any Alaskan cruise in my opinion.

• 5 weeks later...

Oh! Bellboy that takes me back somewhat to a different era. In the late 70’s, early 80’s Vancouver to Vancouver was the Alaska run. I did it on Holland America and they were the Masters of Alaska, followed later by Princess. I went there over 25 times as a part of the ships company on

H A. and hated it at first, but once it got to June , I loved it!

I have no desire to go back as I saw it at its best before the introduction “lumberjacks” for tourist but it is a beautiful place and definitely a thing to add to ones bucket list.