Costa Cabins...packing/unpacking/more room advice.

Cruisin'Girl15

Hi! So, this will be our first Costa Cruise we will be on Costa Pacifica. There will be three of us in a Premium Inside Cabin, I'm trying to figure out which bags we will use. Can anyone tell me is there room under the beds to put our luggage? All the seasoned cruisers out there what do you do to have more room in your cabin? And any packing advice, unpacking advice, tips are very welcome! Thank you!

There is enough room under the beds for several suit cases / trolley.

Unpacking, leave it to the first sea day, get out and about and enjoy your cruise.Just make sure that there is enough room on the bed to crash out at nigh (or esrly morning). Leave stuff in your cases until needed, everyone packa way too much. If you are in a cabin (for four) with drop own beds, ask the cabin steward to leave the fouth one down, gives you more space.

If you are flying, cross pack, i.e. you put some of your stuff in your friends cases and vice a versa. So if a case should be lost you will still be covered in more ways than one. But not like dear MIL suggested by putting all lefthand shoes in case and rioght ones in another.

Don't worry too much about packing / unpacking, set priorities in having a great cruise.

3 adults in an inside, will require some planning and compromise. Probably best to step back a bit and ask how much you really need.

Flying or train? You're going to have to carry your bags at some point. Remember to leave space for purchases on the return.

Costa is usually pretty casual, unless you're traveling with a group that dresses up, you shouldn't feel out of place dressing a bit casually.

Unlike a bus tour, there's laundry on the ship, prices are comprable to shore-based and there's usually (not always) a Magic Bag special near the end. Except for a suit jacket, which isn't absolutely necessary, anything that won't survive a ship's laundry I don't pack.

Bottom line for all travel “Take twice the money and half the clothes”.

Find your cabin steward as soon as you get your cabin and ask him for extra hangers as there are never enough in the spacious cupboards.

I usually have most of my toiletries in my carry aboard case along with a change of clothes and swimwear. I get all the toiletries placed on the shelves so that its just clothes and shoes to deal with when the cases are delivered later on.

Caryl