Getaway 9/26-10/3

DINKinlove

All I can say was amazing! Didn't want to leave. Left off the ship as relaxed as I ever could be. Yes this was my first cruise ever so I don't have anything to compare it to, but I've been to all inclusive resorts and stayed at a private condo in Hawaii..this by far was the best!

Once on the ship we found the pub O'Sheehans and proceeded to try the yummy snacks and started using our UBP..note: while in port you will be charged tax on the drinks but once we were sailing all drinks were free. One thing we did find out towards the end was that our pre paid gratuities did not go to bartenders which we felt really bad about because we were not adding tips to any of our receipts(every drink you order you do get a bill to sign but no charge). What was difficult is that the bartenders work all over that ship so trying to give one of them something every time Would have cost us as much as the cruise!

Our room 14186 was perfect for the two of us. We are RVers so we settled in almost immediately. Love the balcony..will never do another one without it! Our room steward Ryan was so wonderful to us and outdid himself. Unfortunately anyone staying there now had someone different because he told us he was heading to another ship after our cruise..he will be missed!

Food was great and always accessible. We were very impressed with the drinks. Top shelf alcohol and free pouring did us well!

The entertainment staff was awesome! JC was our cruise director and he and his staff kept us in stitches most of the time. Enjoyed the adults only pool even though some adults love to splash around as much as kids do!! Haha

Yes Hurricane Joaquin did keep us from going to Bahamas but our amazing captain was not going to risk anything so the wonderful staff kept us busy and we forgot all about it!

Heard the Getaway is changing ports soon so we will be booking another cruise eventually so we can go somewhere else but still get to be on this beautiful ship!

BTW..booking excursions thru the ship really paid off for us..Bahamas excursion was fully refunded after we had considered using a private company because we didn't want to pay extra..we would have lost our deposit because we had such last minute itinerary changes!

BTW..booking excursions thru the ship really paid off for us..Bahamas excursion was fully refunded after we had considered using a private company because we didn't want to pay extra..we would have lost our deposit because we had such last minute itinerary changes!

When booking private tours ALWAYS book those that don't require a deposit and will take payment when you are actually ON the tour.

Thanks for your review! We love the Getaway too and have sailed on her several times. You didn't miss much at Nassau....other ports are much better so we usually stay on the ship and enjoy the day. Have already booked our cruise on Escape as it is another class of 'away' ship;)