Veuve Clicquot covered under the UDP? Or any champs?

jkallet

My extended family and I will be sailing on the 12/27 BA in an H7 and connecting Balcony. (yes, I will answer ALL the questions about this...) - and I am a travel advisor so I will explain exactly how I made it happen...

My question is: I see that there is Champagne by the glass at at least Ocean Blue and Le Bistro. Has anyone had the experience of drinking it as part of the UBP? As a Haven guest, will the staff at the Haven restaurant be able to get it for my husband and I to drink at the bar there? Restaurant?

Thanks!

When I was on the Epic in April/May, they had a special promotion with Veuve in LeBistro. It was $8 for half a glass and $15 for a full glass. We were unable to use our UBP for either the half or full glass. It was also not available in others part of the ship.

We did get some generous "half" pours so we still did that a few times! :D

Once you have paid the corkage then it becomes like any other bottle. Drink as little or as much as you like and then put the rest into "storage". Get it the next night or later with the chit they will give you. Store it in one restaurant and get it in the same one or any other. A great system.

Mike

Pom by Birth; Coin Collecting Retired Kiwi by Choice.

My question is: Champagne by the glass. Has anyone had the experience of drinking it as part of the UBP? As a Haven guest, will the staff at the Haven restaurant be able to get it for my husband and I to drink at the bar there? Restaurant?Thanks!

As others have noted, no champagne by the glass is covered by the UBP. But there is a prosecco. I prefer it to french champagne and I had no trouble getting a cold glass of prosecco at any of the restaurants and even at the buffet last month on the Pearl. You will get a bottle of lower quality sparkling wine in your suite, but it is hard to drink on its own - add some OJ and it is fine.

When I was on the Epic in April/May, they had a special promotion with Veuve in LeBistro. It was $8 for half a glass and $15 for a full glass. We were unable to use our UBP for either the half or full glass. It was also not available in others part of the ship.

We did get some generous "half" pours so we still did that a few times! :D

We were on the Breakaway in February and the only restaurant which had Champagne by the glass on the menu was Ocean Blu. We were able to get Champagne by the glass on other places to but we always had to talk to someone "higher".

Thanks for the timely thread, OP! I had planned to book Le Bistro twice (at least) for my January Getaway cruise because of the UBP/Veuve combo. (They obviously found out my nefarious plans to drink my own body weight in champagne!) :D Finding out it's not included allowed me to tweak my plans and avoid some serious champagne disappointment on the ship. Will definitely be carrying on my own bubbly instead. Thanks! :)

Did they allow you to get the Moet at Ocean Blue on the UDP??? I could probably manage that...

I find Prosecco a little sweet...was planning to bring some good champs for NYE, but unfortunately, it's not something that can be stored at the restaurant or at a bar...I would have to drink the whole thing...:rolleyes: