Everything.. ESCAPE (live 29 Oct 2015!)

4hwee.jpg

In the (new) tradition of having an Everything.. thread I welcome all of you to the discovering Everything ESCAPE thread!

:D Feel free here to speculate, share, discuss and fanboy the next NCL ship, Escape. :D

NCL states: "As our newest ship to date, Norwegian Escape includes all of the revolutionary features of Norwegian Breakaway and Norwegian Getaway, plus a number of new spaces and interactive experiences meant to excite and inspire. Beginning fall 2015, Norwegian Escape will bring innovation to the forefront, promising a vacation like no other."

At a glimpse;

Norwegian Escape
(and her next yet to build sistership NCL Bliss scheduled 2017)

163.000 GT

4200 pax lower berths

Norwegian Breakaway
&
Norwegian Getaway

144.000 GT

4000 pax lower berths

Norwegian Epic

156.000 GT

4100 pax lower berths

At her debute in october 2015 she will be NCL's largest ship ever!

"The Norwegian Escape will have all of the features of Norwegian Breakaway/Getaway, in addition to new spaces and experiences.

The 4,200-passenger vessel’s expanded Haven is their “ship within a ship” concept. This has been done by adding a second deck (17 & 18) to the Haven, of luxury accommodation. The space, accessible by keycard, will have an outdoor terrace with its private restaurant as well as the same kind of private courtyard area with retractable roof, pool, two whirlpools, sauna, spa treatment rooms and sundeck."

1048x280-The-Haven-Courtyard.jpg

"The number of suites within the Haven more than doubles, from 42 on Getaway to 95 on Escape. These include four 1,300-square-foot deluxe owner’s suites (that’s nearly 100 feet larger than the one found on Getaway), four 572-square-foot owner’s suites, 25 two-bedroom family villas that sleep up to six, and 22 penthouses. Another 26 Haven-style penthouses are located in other areas of the ship, facing forward and aft, as well as 14 Haven spa suites that are close to the ship’s fitness center and Thermal Suite."

"Norwegian Escape will also expand its Studio area, which consists of rooms for solo travellers, from the 59 on Getaway to 82 cabins. The Studio, which is also accessible only by keycard, will have its own lounge, as Breakaway, Getaway and Epic have."

"Families will continue to have options across the categories, with 40 mini-suites located near Splash Academy, 172 family balconies near the children’s facilities, 48 oceanview staterooms that can accommodate up to five and an unspecified number of inside staterooms with additional Pullman beds."

Credits: http://malcolmoliver.wordpress.com/2014/02/20/norwegian-escape-expanded-haven/

Get up to date in 1 minute:

• Largest NCL ship ever, being build in Germany at Meyer Werft.
  • Extra deck, making it larger than Breakaway class ships.
  • Homeport will be Miami.
  • Transatlantic is set on 29 Oct 2015, Southampton - Miami. Possible 1nighter from Rotterdam to Southampton as with last new builds?
  • Itinerary will be 7 day Eastern Caribbean.
  • Deck 5 will have extra public space, to be announced.
  • Waterfront seems to be extended or extra public space on deck 8. Visible on deckplans.
  • Hull art made by artist Guy Harvey.
  • Mysterious bulges on the sides of top Haven deck, cantilevered hottubs?

EscapeMap-Itinerary10dayTA-new.gifmap-7day-easterncaribbean-en.jpg

Deckplans: http://escape.ncl.com/assets/Uploads/Escape-Deck-Plans.pdf

Open for bookings as of last week.

Official NCL website: http://www.escape.ncl.com/

Hoping this thread will be an even bigger party than the Everything Breakaway thread! Happy sailings all!

*Following*

Can't wait to see her in person on the TA

I did the Getaway's Transatlantic Crossing and have booked The Escape's Transatlantic Crossing. I will be celebrating my 69th birthday on this Crossing.

Mandy

Just a note for those who want to subscribe... You can click Thread Tools atop the post, and subscribe to the thread from there, without having to leave a reply.

With that said, I am really excited about this ship and look forward to following this thread. :-)

Just a note for those who want to subscribe... You can click Thread Tools atop the post, and subscribe to the thread from there, without having to leave a reply.

With that said, I am really excited about this ship and look forward to following this thread. :-)

LrgPizza,

Thank You, I just subscribed. I will be interested to know what if any differences besides size there will be between The Breakaway Class ships and The Breakaway Plus Class ships. I can not wait for October 27, 2015 to leave home and begin my journey to Southampton.

Mandy

Thanks for starting the thread. I booked the TA with NCL and I've already changed my cabin twice in two days. I'm sure they love me. I originally booked a studio, then was afraid I wouldn't like it for 10 nights since I've always had a balcony so I changed it to a starboard side Spa balcony. Then I noticed on a deck plan 'to come' written on the area above the starboard side spa balconies, so I moved it to port side just in case 'to come' ends up being a noisy area. I actually prefer port side anyway.

2znsneu.jpg

Disovered here on CC, mysterious bulges on the top deck..

ecape.jpg

Malcolmoliver blogs;

"Finally, what are those two ‘bulges’ on the top of the ‘Haven’ (see below)? Possible cantilevered (overhanding) Hot Tubs, RCI style?"

Those look weird. I think they look to small to be hot tubs. Could they be some kind of maintenance equipment, buckets to lift stuff up from the lower decks, or window washing equipment?

Thanks for starting the thread. I booked the TA with NCL and I've already changed my cabin twice in two days. I'm sure they love me. I originally booked a studio, then was afraid I wouldn't like it for 10 nights since I've always had a balcony so I changed it to a starboard side Spa balcony. Then I noticed on a deck plan 'to come' written on the area above the starboard side spa balconies, so I moved it to port side just in case 'to come' ends up being a noisy area. I actually prefer port side anyway.

That's what we usually do. I think our PCC is use to our multiple changes now though. We booked a balcony about where we were on the Breakaway and we always try to book on decks that have cabins above and below.

Although I despise the itinerary, I booked an aft corner suite 13306 to check the ship out. I do hope at sometime in the future, the Getaway and the Escape, or Bliss will alternate itineraries, or head to the southern Caribbean rather than the discount tour to the USVI, BVI and Bahamas.:eek:;)