Price drops

ChCo38

I'm new to Norwegian and wondered if anyone could help me out. I booked a week and a half ago and since then there has been 2 price drops which puts my cabin at $150.00 less for the sailing, is it true that there's nothing that can be done? I knew I should have waited to book. Other lines that I have cruised have given me a credit in the past. I'm just trying to learn how Norwegian does things so I'll know.

You can upgrade for free or a minimal cost... (type of cabin or location of cabin)

Sometimes they will give you the difference in OBC...

Doesn't hurt to ask...

In any case, it happens to the best of us...

Yes I'm past the final payment date, I'm going on my first solo cruise since my husband past so procrastinated about going until a few weeks away. I thought I would try the studio cabins on The Getaway to see if its still possible to enjoy cruising by myself. I just wished I had waited longer to book now that I see the price drop.

Oh well, just things that I have to learn.

Thanks for your replies. Just have to learn all the ins and outs of Norwegian.

If you call them DO NOT let them upgrade you to an inside cabin. They may offer you some onboard credit instead but it wont be the whole $150. Probably around $50.

I just looked at that sailing and it looks like you should qualify for a free upgrade to an Oceanview Guarantee. Which means you could get any oceanview cabin on the ship or higher. Personally I would take it but some people more picky about their cabin. You will lose access to the studio lounge but will be able to attend the solo meetings since Getaway holds those in public areas that will be posted daily.

I'm on the Getaway Oct 31 sailing and moved from a studio to a balcony guarantee a week or so ago and just got assigned cabin 9160. Which is a BB midship balcony in a really great location.

Edited by Tinyturtle22

If you call them DO NOT let them upgrade you to an inside cabin. If they wont offer you a balcony dont take the upgrade. They may offer you some onboard credit instead but it wont be the whole $150. Probably around $50.

That's true - don't ever take an interior room over a studio room if you're solo traveling. You automatically lose the studio lounge perk for exchange of nothing with a interior. Now if it Oceanview, Balcony, Minisuites - that's a good exchange for losing the lounge perk; can't get coffee & snacks from the lounge at all times anymore but at least you can eat on the balcony and enjoy whenever you want. :D

I called and got a free upgrade when the price dropped on my cruise (after final payment). But the price is still dropping and I'm told that NCL will not give OBC after final payment, only upgrades. But that's OK, I'm just learning the ins and outs of a new cruise line. :)

Good luck to the OP. :)

Edited by dobiemom

I called and got a free upgrade when the price dropped on my cruise (after final payment). But the price is still dropping and I'm told that NCL will not give OBC after final payment, only upgrades. But that's OK, I'm just learning the ins and outs of a new cruise line. :)

Good luck to the OP. :)

We were on the Getaway last January...and I called at the end of December b/c of a price drop. They gave me OBC for both cabins. Things may have changed since then...seems like many things have changed since then.

But the price is still dropping and I'm told that NCL will not give OBC after final payment, only upgrades.

After final payment OBC is exactly what they give if they can't upgrade (they prefer doing that if possible). Before final payment there would be no OBC to be given as you would be able to reprice the cruise all together.

Edited by Demonyte

We were on the Getaway last January...and I called at the end of December b/c of a price drop. They gave me OBC for both cabins. Things may have changed since then...seems like many things have changed since then.

After final payment OBC is exactly what they give if they can't upgrade (they prefer doing that if possible). Before final payment there would be no OBC to be given as you would be able to reprice the cruise all together.

It has been my experience that IF they DO give you OBC for a price drop after final payment, the OBC is only for 25% of the price drop AND they will only do it ONCE after final payment.

I just wanted to clarify so people didn't get their hopes up for an OBC in the full amount of the price drop.

It has been my experience that IF they DO give you OBC for a price drop after final payment, the OBC is only for 25% of the price drop AND they will only do it ONCE after final payment.

I just wanted to clarify so people didn't get their hopes up for an OBC in the full amount of the price drop.

The 25% is correct, however I remember reading here that some have been succesful getting more OBC more than one time after few big drops - but most will not.

• 2 weeks later...

Your right about the 25%. Thats 25% of the difference(not a lot) Just happened to us on the Gem

So I'm booked on the Breakaway in March in an interior cabin. We have only paid the deposit. I was going to make the full payment just to get it done with, but it seems like the best advice is to wait until final payment is due (end of December for me), and then make the payment, in case the price does drop, so that I can reprice the cruise? Otherwise, if a price drops after I've made my final payment (say tomorrow), the best I might get is an upgrade or 25% of the price drop in OBC? Thanks for the clarification and advice.

Edited by mylifeis24

So I'm booked on the Breakaway in March in an interior cabin. We have only paid the deposit. I was going to make the full payment just to get it done with, but it seems like the best advice is to wait until final payment is due (end of December for me), and then make the payment, in case the price does drop, so that I can reprice the cruise? Otherwise, if a price drops after I've made my final payment (say tomorrow), the best I might get is an upgrade or 25% of the price drop in OBC? Thanks for the clarification and advice.

Bumping- thank you for your help!