Pit Bull to be Godfather of Escape??

SuiteCruiser

Pitbull is a Miami resident and a noted philanthropic community member. His music may not be for everyone, but the choice makes sense to me.
I agree. I love Pitbull. He does a lot for his community, seems to be a stand up very classy guy and appeals to the younger generation and to some of us old ladies as well.

We're going to be hearing a lot more from Pitbull. He has also signed a deal with Omnicom and BBDO in recent weeks. Very interesting since Omnicom & BBDO are the two of the three new advertising agency's NCL has recently hired.

One can only come to the conclusion that NCL is heavily going to target millennials. Very aggressively looking to lower the current target demo average age.

Say goodbye to "Let's Go" and say hello to Pit Bull singing in the new ads to debut during Super Bowl 50.

Edited by Golfin55

Way to keep it classy, NCL :rolleyes:

I agree.

I'm glad they think someone who sings "that ho is fine, but this one's killa" or "I'm slicker than an oil spill, She say she won't, but I bet she will, timber," "epitomizes and contributes to the energy, excitement and local flavor that our ships so proudly embody and we’re excited to build upon our relationship and have him serve in this special role as Godfather to Norwegian Escape." (that last part is from their press release.)

His Timber lyrics like the one below aren't even the worst of it. The worst of his lyrics (do they really want to embody what he wrote and sings about in "Shake"?!) can't even be posted.

"I have 'em like Miley Cyrus, clothes off

Twerking in their bras and thongs, timber

Face down, booty up, timber

That's the way we like to–what?–timber"

Is that the energy they're hoping to get with all these changes?

I agree.

I'm glad they think someone who sings "that ho is fine, but this one's killa" or "I'm slicker than an oil spill, She say she won't, but I bet she will, timber," "epitomizes and contributes to the energy, excitement and local flavor that our ships so proudly embody and we’re excited to build upon our relationship and have him serve in this special role as Godfather to Norwegian Escape." (that last part is from their press release.)

His Timber lyrics like the one below aren't even the worst of it. The worst of his lyrics (do they really want to embody what he wrote and sings about in "Shake"?!) can't even be posted.

Well, he does keep his drawers pulled up from what I've seen. LOL!

I'm excited about the Godfather being Pitbull. My sons will be even more psyched for the Escape. They both enjoy his music. So do I!

As to how "classy" or not his lyrics may be, c'mon....my generation listened to worse. Helloooooooo.....2 Live Crew???? Once upon a time my teenagers teased that we couldn't deal with the risqué new-fangled music they listen to. Sure. Had 'em look up some of what we listened to. Risqué lyrics are not new. Pitbull & the artists of this generation didn't pioneer that. ;):p

Edited by sweetpee_1993

I'm excited about the Godfather being Pitbull. My sons will be even more psyched for the Escape. They both enjoy his music. So do I!

As to how "classy" or not his lyrics may be, c'mon....my generation listened to worse. Helloooooooo.....2 Live Crew???? Once upon a time my teenagers teased that we couldn't deal with the risqué new-fangled music they listen to. Sure. Had 'em look up some of what we listened to. Risqué lyrics are not new. Pitbull & the artists of this generation didn't pioneer that. ;):p

Exactly! 1976 Starland Vocal Band - Afternoon Delight... that wasn't about dessert after lunch. ;)

But would you pick 2 Live Crew to represent your brand? Would you say they have the energy you want your ships to embody? I can just turn off the songs I don't want to hear on the radio, but to me it's different when NCL is giving an endorsement of a man who calls women "ho" and "B----" as well as uses the "n-word" in songs he writes as the face and energy that NCL wants.

I agree.

Agreed ;) I'm not a Miami fan at all, so maybe this does "keep with the local flavor" LOL I really wouldn't know. Certainly kills the idea that they are trying to make the clientele more upscale. Maybe that's what they wanted to convey?

Agreed ;) I'm not a Miami fan at all, so maybe this does "keep with the local flavor" LOL I really wouldn't know. Certainly kills the idea that they are trying to make the clientele more upscale. Maybe that's what they wanted to convey?

Other than at the inaugural ceremonies and a few fleeting moments of publicity very few people will even remember this happened.

I like Pitbull too, his music is fun, for adults; but..........

I am not sure if he is the appropriate representative for a family cruise line, for families that live in main street USA. :)

Will this change the level of entertainment on the ships......some think it is risqué now and the entertainment is not even close to the level that Pitbull puts out as entertainment?

JMHO :)

But would you pick 2 Live Crew to represent your brand? Would you say they have the energy you want your ships to embody? I can just turn off the songs I don't want to hear on the radio, but to me it's different when NCL is giving an endorsement of a man who calls women "ho" and "B----" as well as uses the "n-word" in songs he writes as the face and energy that NCL wants.

It's not unusual for cruise lines to select popular musical artists as godparents. Pitbull is very relavent today. Compared to his peers he is classy. The lyrics don't burn my ears personally. None of it is unusual in any way. I think NCL is choosing someone that is active within his community, relavent artistically, presents himself well, and in many ways is a popular/hip representation of the city they have featured all over the ship. The choice makes perfect sense. Their ship. Their company. Their choice.

I wasn't thrilled with Disney's choice of Mariah Carey when the Fantasy debuted but I still sailed the ship and enjoyed it. ((I don't care for her music, can't stand her voice, at the time she didn't have the best reputation in her personal life, and didn't even have any hit songs to make her relative to that specific time. She was in no way relative to the company, the theme of the ship, nothing. Zip. Zero. Nadda. But whatever. Their ship. Their choice.))