Okay, now I'm starting to get irritated.

ldlewis45

Apparently, NCL has assigned my account to a new personal cruise consultant, and he's VERY eager to sell me a cruise. Dude's called me 5 times in the last 4 days, leaving me the exact same message each time (I haven't visited the site in a few days, either). I wonder if he realizes that he's basically ensuring that I will NEVER call him to book a cruise?

Apparently, NCL has assigned my account to a new personal cruise consultant, and he's VERY eager to sell me a cruise. Dude's called me 5 times in the last 4 days, leaving me the exact same message each time (I haven't visited the site in a few days, either). I wonder if he realizes that he's basically ensuring that I will NEVER call him to book a cruise?

why not just call and ask him not to call you?

Because I shouldn't have to call a business to tell them to stop harassing me. I'm fine with receiving the occasional phone call, but five exact same messages in four days (two within two hours the first day) is not good marketing.

I have the same problem with a PCC at Carnival. Even though I have told her I am cruise booked until 2017, she keeps calling to help plan my next cruise.

I think they are pressured by their managers to make cold calls...

Carnival will never get my business that way!!! :cool:

You also can ask to be reassigned. We lost our cruise consultant when he left the company to become a life couch and had to ask to be reassigned because us and the couple we do all our cruising with ended up with different consultants. It was a super easy fix.

I have the same problem with a PCC at Carnival. Even though I have told her I am cruise booked until 2017, she keeps calling to help plan my next cruise.

I think they are pressured by their managers to make cold calls...

Carnival will never get my business that way!!! :cool:

Lol, I've got my Carnival PCC's number blocked. I still have to clear out her messages, though. I wish there was a way to block the number entirely, so that I didn't even have to do that. If I want to talk to them, I will call them.

Because I shouldn't have to call a business to tell them to stop harassing me. I'm fine with receiving the occasional phone call, but five exact same messages in four days (two within two hours the first day) is not good marketing.

Do you think he has any idea he has called you 5 times in 4 days?

He sits down at a desk in the morning in front of a computer screen and starts calling the first name on the list, at the end of the day he goes home and starts the process all over again the next day.

instead of having a hissie fit , just call and ask to be taken off the list, if the calls continue then maybe get angry .

He sits down at a desk in the morning in front of a computer screen and starts calling the first name on the list, at the end of the day he goes home and starts the process all over again the next day.

instead of having a hissie fit , just call and ask to be taken off the list, if the calls continue then maybe get angry .

Well, since he says my name every time he calls, I kinda think he does, lol. Plus, the program he uses likely makes a notation of last contact attempt in my account, which he would know by looking at the account. Or at least, the calling/receiving program that the call center I worked at in the past did, so I'm fairly certain all major call center programs have that information, too. (I worked in incoming calls, but also trained in our outgoing calls area, working from established client lists. Our systems automatically notated every single call that was made to that client or received from that client.)

And regardless, that's not how they're supposed to be making their calls. When you go on the website, it registers that you've accessed your account, which then puts you on a to-contact list. They're supposed to call once (usually within 24 hours of the website visit) to give you specials and to try to get you to book a cruise. They aren't supposed to keep calling for days on end after you've accessed the site. Or at least, that's how I've been told it works.

Edited by ldlewis45

It's also entirely possible there's an automated system picking the customers to call and he's not working from a list that he actually sees or controls.

I agree, quit playing the victim. Pick up the phone, call him and politely ask to be removed from the call list.

Now, if you'd answered the phone, asked them to stop calling you, and they kept doing so despite your requests to the person calling, then you have reason to get pissy. There's a car dealer I'll never set foot in again due to that practice (different people calling to sell service department services, me requesting the stop calling) that didn't stop until I posted an pissy review on their facebook and yelp pages.

Every so often they would give me a new gung-ho PCC. I always book through CAS so never ever used the PCC. After Hurricane Sandy when I was able to charge my phone and check my messages I found several from a new PCC. She called me back at a really low point and we had a brief conversation. I have NEVER gotten another PCC call after that conversation which is almost 3 years ago now.

Hmmm. They are calling you and leaving messages, and you aren't calling them back. They, of course, are going to keep trying. They are trying to sell you a cruise, that's their job. Call back and either tell them directly to not call, or leave a message for them to not call. Simple.

In fact, it probably would have been faster then posting your frustration on this forum.

Hmmm. They are calling you and leaving messages, and you aren't calling them back. They, of course, are going to keep trying. They are trying to sell you a cruise, that's their job. Call back and either tell them directly to not call, or leave a message for them to not call. Simple.

In fact, it probably would have been faster then posting your frustration on this forum.

Not exactly rocket silence is it.

If you ring someone and leave a message and they don't return your call what do you do.

You ring them again. For all you know there's a problem with the message system.

Next time he calls...tell him YOU will contact HIM IF AND WHEN you decide to book....if he calls again, he will never get your business. Very easy.

Or you could just be polite to someone who has a crappy job and say "Please take me off your calling list, thanks".

Send him and email and tell him you would rather correspond via email and not by phone or not correspond at all. It should be his first name initial and last name at NCL dot com.

Or as many have said, give NCL a call and tell them to please not call you.

I agree with OP. He should not have to fend off someone's marketing attempts.

Companies have the right to call you if you have done business with them or have opted in some type of email or mailing list. If you want it to stop doing it then it's your responsibility to contact them to stop it. If they keep on calling you after you told them to stop then that is when you file complaints through the proper channels.

To not do anything about it is your own fault.

Edited by abe3

I am slightly cruise obsessed and log onto the site all the time. I am booked on my third NCL cruise yet I have never received a single call....

It's starting to make me mad that they don't call me...guess they can't win!:)

It is so annoying!!! I too was being called multiple times a day. The sad thing is that I spoke to my rep and got some pricing from him, but every time he calls and leaves me a new message, it is the same script being read as if he was calling me for the first time [emoji35]

Edited by lor74

You also can ask to be reassigned. We lost our cruise consultant when he left the company to become a life couch and had to ask to be reassigned because us and the couple we do all our cruising with ended up with different consultants. It was a super easy fix.

I'd like to quit my job and become a life couch, or maybe a life recliner.

;)

I log on to MyNCL quite often to monitor our next cruise and have only been called once by a PCC, several months ago. I'd like it if they would call and offer me special deals (but not as often as the OP).

Edited by hawk1972

My thoughts exactly. I understand Ops being upset, but just give him a call and say, please don't call again. I will let you know when I will be ready to cruise. In all fairness to the new guy, he really is doing his job. It is like the people from our ins company. We are on medicare so I guess they assume we need all kinds of help. They keep calling to set up an in home visit just to take our vitals, talk to us about our meds and explain things to us. We are old, but do not need their help. I think I finally got this across the other day.

I agree with OP. He should not have to fend off someone's marketing attempts.

Sorry I have to disagree. the new guy is trying to do a job, he is overdoing it, that is for sure, but if this is the worse thing the OP has to worry about, good for him. As I said, I understand the frustration, but I don't think it is all that awful If after a simple phone call he is still being bothered, that will be different.