Executive Lounge Lvl11 Marina

wally_bushy

I am already getting excited about the next cruise (more than 6 months away:))

I have seen some reference to the Executive Lounge on Deck 11 on the Marina however the details have been minimal.

I defer to my well-travelled friends for more information as to what is special about it. (or maybe it isn't:confused:)

(Photos would be great S&J:))

Steve

Like a communal living room.

A few couches and chairs, magazines and newspapers. Big screen TV.

Coffee machine and cooler with soft drinks.

Pastries in the a.m.

Snacks in the p.m.

A few internet stations.

This is the Concierge Lounge, which is similar to the Exec. Here is where the Concierge hangs out for a few hours a day.

8632875422_bac769f987_b.jpg

We had an OC Suite for 18 days and only used the Exec Lounge once. I am not too sure why you need it if you have a Butler and it only has a coffee machine and a few pastries which you can get from room service..... if this is your thing then enjoy. Oh yes and it is like a small box with no windows and very small so enjoy your suite instead I would suggest!: :(

We had an OC Suite for 18 days and only used the Exec Lounge once. I am not too sure why you need it if you have a Butler and it only has a coffee machine and a few pastries which you can get from room service..... if this is your thing then enjoy. Oh yes and it is like a small box with no windows and very small so enjoy your suite instead I would suggest!: :(

Total waste of space on board and resources. We had a butler so we wanted for nothing. There is a dining concierge if you need to move/change a reservation and you forget to tell the butler. Easier to go directly to them anyway and get an immediate answer to your needs.

Total waste of space on board and resources. We had a butler so we wanted for nothing. There is a dining concierge if you need to move/change a reservation and you forget to tell the butler. Easier to go directly to them anyway and get an immediate answer to your needs.

+ 1! Like Michael's Club on X, just another so called perk that is a waste of space. If you have a butler, this is totally redundant. I wish they would give the space to lower level categories who would LOVE to have it! If O is watching, PLEASE rethink the use of these lounges. Want to have something else to market the upper suites, offer tier points on money spent v. number of cruises, offer discounts on logo merchandise, offer comp laundry, offer more wine! :D. How about a free glass of wine at each of your first seatings at a specialty restaurant? Now, THAT'S an incentive!

Okay, let's have some fun, everyone post something they could offer suite classes instead of a dedicated lounge and concierge.

Edited by kekilia

The main thing we enjoyed in the Executive Lounge was the computers (two of them on the Riviera). The Executive Lounge was easier to get to and it was nice to have a cup of coffee while working on the computer. When we were in the Computer Room and brought food with us, we were told that we could not eat or drink in there. Very odd that you can eat and drink in the Executive and Concierge Lounge but not in the Computer Room.

Must add that I do not like having "special" areas for people in suites - I prefer total access to the ship for everyone. However, the last time we were on the Riviera (same configuration as the Marina), it came in handy as I could not walk far at the time.

Must add that I do not like having "special" areas for people in suites - I prefer total access to the ship for everyone. However, the last time we were on the Riviera (same configuration as the Marina), it came in handy as I could not walk far at the time.

So the "special areas" work as long as it for YOUR benefit :rolleyes:

It's okay to use the Business/First class lounge when flying but not cruising?

Ridiculous - you go to a restaurant and order a steak but your friend orders hamburger. Should he get steak too? Whatever.

LOL, don't even try to apply reason to the logic,or lack thereof-

Apparently, any type of class division on Regent or Oceania is a horrible error, but the Haven on NCL is an "interesting idea".

courtyard_floorplan.png

:confused::confused:WHAT??? :confused::confused:

You get what you pay for---in this case it's "nothing" to write home about. And if you have a rel suite and butler that only has a few cabins---you don't need this lounge, it's a waste of space and your time.

Rick

The only time I stepped into the Executive Lounge on our last cruise was when we did a cabin crawl. Our PH was at the back of deck 7 so there was no motivation for me to go there - perhaps DH went a few times for the papers. Looked like lovely space but really not important to us. Maybe useful if you are on deck 11. As others say "YMMV". Enjoy your fabulous cruise.

4a0c1177-4032-48d1-b951-713469525af6_zpsrfgdwtl0.jpg

Hi Heather!!

b204526b-78e5-46d9-bb42-673c7de819dd_zpsrnsu4myt.jpg

So the "special areas" work as long as it for YOUR benefit :rolleyes:

Actually I would have preferred it not to be there at all as I really do dislike it intensely. There was no particular reason to boycott it since it would not have made a difference.

IMO, airplanes have nothing whatsoever to do with cruising other than getting you to and from the embarkation and debarkation ports. Even on the longest non-stop flight, you may be on a plane 16 or so hours and lounges are used for a couple of hours. On a cruise ship, you are onboard for days/weeks/months. I do understand that at least 98% of cruise ships do have a "class" system while luxury cruise lines do not (a major reason for our decision to start cruising on luxury lines 11 years ago.)

Apparently I am not the only one that thinks it is a waste of space but one that is not going anywhere. In any event, Oceania does a better job of treating most passengers the same -- not quite luxury level but close!

P.S. IMO, if you go do dinner with a friend and they order steak, why should it not be available to everyone? You may prefer hamburger but you do have a choice.

Edited by Travelcat2

...P.S. IMO, if you go do dinner with a friend and they order steak, why should it not be available to everyone? You may prefer hamburger but you do have a choice.

Ah, but you don't have a choice if you're buying dinner on a hamburger budget. As has been mentioned many, many times, if you pay more, you get more. No reason that should be restricted to just inside your cabin. People in suites get priority boarding, priority tendering, priority in getting reservations to specialties, and with some cruise lines, priorities restaurants and priority theater seating. But, everyone is greeted the same by staff, everyone gets the same meals in the main dining room, everyone sees the same entertainment, etc. etc. It's not a matter of "class", it's a matter of economics. Just like everything in life, pay more and get more. Someone else may drive a Lexus, I drive a Scion. I can't get a Lexus for the price of a Scion. I can afford a Lexus, I just choose to spend less. The Lexus is quiet and the Scion is noisy, but that's the choice I made when I decided how much to spend.

Ah, but you don't have a choice if you're buying dinner on a hamburger budget. As has been mentioned many, many times, if you pay more, you get more. No reason that should be restricted to just inside your cabin. People in suites get priority boarding, priority tendering, priority in getting reservations to specialties, and with some cruise lines, priorities restaurants and priority theater seating. But, everyone is greeted the same by staff, everyone gets the same meals in the main dining room, everyone sees the same entertainment, etc. etc. It's not a matter of "class", it's a matter of economics. Just like everything in life, pay more and get more. Someone else may drive a Lexus, I drive a Scion. I can't get a Lexus for the price of a Scion. I can afford a Lexus, I just choose to spend less. The Lexus is quiet and the Scion is noisy, but that's the choice I made when I decided how much to spend.

Well said. Some people think they are so PC that someone paying more and getting more is an offence. Sad!

Ah, it appears that this will be our discussion when we see you and Betsy again next year:D We can also afford a Lexus but drive Corollas!

It has been our experience on Oceania that passengers who are in the larger suites (and/or those who have the prestige alcohol package) are treated differently than other passengers. When you say that people that pay more get more, this is true. And, on luxury cruise lines, passengers in larger suites have a butler, early dining and excursion reservations. However, there is no "special area" just for those passengers. Since we rarely have to show our room cards on the ship, no one knows whether we are in the Master Suite (aka "Owner's Suite") or the least expensive suite on the ship. The biggest surprise I found on Oceania is the special lines (aka queues) in Miami that are put in place to check in. It is quite obvious which passengers are in the top three suite categories, the PH suites and the rest of the staterooms. IMO, first come, first served is the way to go -- no matter what you have paid for the cruise.

If you think about it, when a crew member sees that you are in a Owner's, Vista or Oceania suite, there is a tendency to treat you a bit special. On Regent, the crew have no idea what suite you are in so which evens out the playing field. Yes -- on Regent (and presumably Oceania), when you have many cruises under your belt, you are recognized and are treated special. Being treated as a "member of the Regent family" is different that being treated better than other passengers just because you paid more $$$.

I am probably on the wrong board to have this discussion. Oceania passengers are happy with the way things are. In some cases, they have not experienced a cruise where the status of your suite does not make a difference.

Anyway Don, I am not here to argue the benefits of luxury cruise lines but will enjoy discussing this further with you next year;)

If you think about it, when a crew member sees that you are in a Owner's, Vista or Oceania suite, there is a tendency to treat you a bit special. On Regent, the crew have no idea what suite you are in so which evens out the playing field. Yes -- on Regent (and presumably Oceania), when you have many cruises under your belt, you are recognized and are treated special. Being treated as a "member of the Regent family" is different that being treated better than other passengers just because you paid more $$$.

TravelCat, I can't refer to Regent since we haven't sailed on Regent yet. But I CAN say that I've been in top suites on Oceania, and also not so top suites ... and we've never been treated differently by the crew.

If you give your room number to the wine steward so your bottle can be retrieved, sure, they probably know what level of suite you are in. If they care ... it hasn't seemed to me that they do. I will agree that on Regent, since the crew doesn't know what level cabin you are in, they will treat you equally. But you shouldn't assume that because Oceania crew can often figure out what level cabin you are in that they will treat you differently just because they know you may have paid more. That just hasn't been our experience.

I think that's a big jump in logic that probably is not justified. (I'm not saying that it could NOT be true ... just that in my experience it is not.)

Mura

This is getting ridiculous.

My experience is that it's OK to have but wouldn't pay extra for it, used it maybe once a day on three cruises. Concierge can be helpful if it's something your butler can't tend to. The door is a pain to open and if you have something (coffee and pastry) in your hands, you can't get out the door without some help. So out of a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a 5.

Like many things on ships some will use the places/items some will not

the cost is buried in the cost of the cruise

There is a gym... lots of people use it lots of people do not

People are still paying to have onboard the ship :rolleyes:

If you do not like the lounge do not go there