Favorite Oceania Itineraries?

4Lakes Lady

I know there are lots of you that have done many cruises on Oceania. We are trying to decide on a 2016 cruise and I see that many already have wait lists. I'd love to hear what some of your favorite itineraries have been because we just can't decide!

I know there are lots of you that have done many cruises on Oceania. We are trying to decide on a 2016 cruise and I see that many already have wait lists. I'd love to hear what some of your favorite itineraries have been because we just can't decide!

If you use popularity as a gauge of favorites, then I would say that either London to Stockholm via St Petersburg (14 days) or Barcelona to Istanbul (previously a 14 day cruise, but now a ten day) would win the prize. These are particularly attractive cruises for the beginning cruiser.

MNA150707.jpgRVA160425.jpg

For something more exotic, everyone loves the 35 day (ish) Hong Kong to Cape Town (or the reverse)

INS151026.jpg

What cruises have you done before?

My trip of a lifetime was our South America cruise on Insignia. The ship was small enough to take us through fjords, right up to glaciers. We stopped in cities like Montevideo and Buenos Aires, saw wildlife and national parks, toured estancias - this trip had everything. On my deathbed this will be a highlight on my flashback reel!

Copenhagen to Stockholm - loved the ports! Transatlantic Miami to Barcelona - loved the sea days!

Non cruise traveled extensively in Europe and the Mediterranean.

We agree with the MED and Baltic and south and Central America. Can never get enough of these ports and have no interest in traveling to Asia.

My trip of a lifetime was our South America cruise on Insignia. The ship was small enough to take us through fjords, right up to glaciers. We stopped in cities like Montevideo and Buenos Aires, saw wildlife and national parks, toured estancias - this trip had everything. On my deathbed this will be a highlight on my flashback reel!

We are doing this cruise Lima to BA on Insignia Oct 2016. I always like your judgement and you have just given me more excitement and anticipation. Also, taking the deluxe pre cruise to Machu Picchu. :)

We are doing this cruise Lima to BA on Insignia Oct 2016. I always like your judgement and you have just given me more excitement and anticipation. Also, taking the deluxe pre cruise to Machu Picchu. :)

How wonderful! We did Valparaiso to BA... I know you will have a fabulous trip!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Copenhagen to Stockholm - loved the ports! Transatlantic Miami to Barcelona - loved the sea days!

Non cruise traveled extensively in Europe and the Mediterranean.

So not sure if you want Med cruises then so I would recommend a cruise we did 2 years ago - Lima to NYC through the Panama Canal. 21 days and loved every one of them. Too many highlights to list.

To us it's not where we cruise it's how we cruise. We want to relax and enjoy the suite, service and all the things that make it right.

Rick

Agree 100%. If we want to see places we do it by land when we can spend more than a few hours in a place. As for the ship we are happy in our suite and on it's balcony with the incredible service we get from our butler.

If you haven't done Rome to Venice, that is a fabulous itinerary! With stops in Monte Carlo, Cinque Terre, Florence, Corfu, Kotor, Dubrovnik - all beautiful, all amazing to explore. We love port intensive cruises - and this itinerary certainly fit the bill: 10 days, 10 ports, 5 countries. We did this in 2011 - on the Marina - it was our first cruise ever and now this year we will be doing our 5th and 6th - all on the Marina! :D

Istanbul to Athens via Israel. Loved Ephesus. And Israel. Will definitely do land trip to Israel in the future, and likely would not have without doing it via cruise first. Just spent a week in Istanbul with daughter this spring. Wonderful city!

Sydney toNZ-Fiji-Tahiti-Marqusea-LA....36 days

Papeetee -lima-Panama-Belze, Keywast-charleston-NY 34 days

Los Angeles to Tahiti-Marqusea-Hawaii-SF-LA 28 day

Hong kong-Kota Kinabalu-Bali-Singapore-Bangkok 21 days

Istanbul to venice-turkey-greek islands-rome- Cadiz-Ft Lauderdale 28 days

Vancouver to Hubbard-san Fran 10 days

Trips I would never do again the Carribean. anywhere.. just about everywhere South America

north of Valparaiso to Punta Arena. North of that like from Valparaiso north is pretty much desert with Lima in the center North of Puerto Madelyn its just flat un-interesting Rio Was totally unimpressive dirty crime ridden and squalor amid splendor. I really wanted to like it... went twice just to be sure.. second time was even worse..... Liked Iguassu but that's it!

The med today, unless your on a non port intensive trip with days in between is a mad house of rush-run-

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the Black Sea - board in Athens, move on to Istanbul and cruise around the Black Sea back to Istanbul. A great trip - unpleasantness in the Ukraine may mess things up a bit, but worth the risk.

I'm surprised that no one has mentioned the Black Sea - board in Athens, move on to Istanbul and cruise around the Black Sea back to Istanbul. A great trip - unpleasantness in the Ukraine may mess things up a bit, but worth the risk.

Unfortunately it is more than just unpleasantness in Ukraine. The customary 3 Ukrainian stops are now often skipped making this itinerary much less attractive.

Edited by Paulchili