Cabin9002 Marina

gymfreak

Hello all

We cruise at the end of November on Marina in cabin 9002.

Now looking at the deck plans I am concerned that this cabin may have both a restricted type view and a solid wall at the end. Can anyone who either knows this cabin or has cruised in this cabin tell me if my fears are founded?

We do like to spend time on our balcony therefore would appreciate any information anybody can give us,

Thank you

Vicki

Hello all

We cruise at the end of November on Marina in cabin 9002.

Now looking at the deck plans I am concerned that this cabin may have both a restricted type view and a solid wall at the end. Can anyone who either knows this cabin or has cruised in this cabin tell me if my fears are founded?

We do like to spend time on our balcony therefore would appreciate any information anybody can give us,

Thank you

Vicki

205706.jpgThe veranda of that cabin has an interesting little bump out section along the forward divider, which allows for amazing views along the side of the ship.

Edited by StanandJim

205706.jpgThe veranda of that cabin has an interesting little bump out section along the forward divider, which allows for amazing views along the side of the ship.

Thank you for the photo, I feel a bit better about this cabin, it looks quite open and a decent panorama . I think maybe we should stick with it unless anybody has a different perspective

Vicki

We were booked in that cabin and changed it for one mid-ships because of the very view-factor you mentioned.

Sailed in 7008 for 34 days across 2 oceans... going higher and aft than the position of the bridge will give progressively more and more wind and higher than 7 to say 10 willonygive you about 200 ysd horizon But because on a rolling, pitching and yawing structure, like lever And being in the middle may solve some sea motion BUT it iis in the cross flow of 2 aerodynamically accelerating winds of around 30-35mph.. And midship truncates or halves the visual view because these cabins arr set back some 30 ft inboard from the ships main deck rail. So you mid ship balcony will not have as good view asw standing ondeck 6 o Then insult to injury the partition , in the aft cabin 9003 acts l like a giant air scoop rather than a air foil or defelector which 7008 and above feature.

SO forward the less wind the more aft and the you go the more wind and as an thrill motion and wind wash carrying all sorts of stuff

I studied this from an engineering physics, aerodynamics view point and have been sailing ships and on ships and aircraft for more thaT a few weeks.

Inpart 7008 provides a better, less windy and stable cabin along with its mate on the starboard side. Only the bridge navigation wings provide a better position than those. AND the deck 7 position is in what is called a wind burble where the wind effects are the least

REMEMBER, THIS, MY PHYSICS PROFESSORS VERY WORDS" JUST BECAUSE YOUDONT UNDERSTAND PHYSICS , DOSEN'T MEN IT WONT KILL YOU !!