Martini Bar Cosmopolitan

bellaj

Can anyone tell me if the Cosmopolitans in the Martini Bar are made with Mandarin Vodka instead of the traditional Citron Vodka? I thought that was the case but now I am doubting myself!

Thanks in advance.

Agreed, you have to ask but its no problem. Personally, I prefer Belvedere in mine with a twist of lime rind (not lemon).

Incidentally, don't order Cosmos in Horizons. Blechh. Stick with Martinis - Cosmos there arrive in snazzy, larger cocktail glasses with the twisted blue stem. Bigger pour, expertly made and less sweet/syrupy than the anemic one in Horizons.

Whatever spirit you prefer in your Cosmo, try adding a bit of ginger root for a "Bollywood" Cosmo.

+1, and if you enjoy the ginger taste, why not widen your World even further with:

dark-n-stormy.png?w=225&h=300 a Dark and Stormy (Dark Rum +Ginger Beer & Lime) Bermudas favorite Cocktail.

moscow-mule-cocktail-224x300.jpg or, a Moscow Mule (Vodka, Ginger Beer & Lime).

+1, and if you enjoy the ginger taste, why not widen your World even further with:

a Dark and Stormy (Dark Rum +Ginger Beer & Lime) Bermudas favorite Cocktail.

or, a Moscow Mule (Vodka, Ginger Beer & Lime).

Do they have ginger beer on the ships ??

Well when I make them at home this is my Cosmo Recipe:

1.5 oz Grey Goose

1.0 Oz Cointreau

1.5 Oz of Orange Juice

Add a splash of Grenadine.

Garnish with an orange slice and maraschino cherry

Shake over ice in Martini Shaker.

ChatKat - touché, exactly how I like Cosmos! You could add Triple Sec in lieu of Grenadine. Pass on orange flavored Absolut - too sticky & sweet. Glub, glub, glub.

The Cointreau is the better version of triple sec. Get rid if the grenadine and use the classic ingredient: cranberry juice.

In fact, skip the Cosmo and have an Aviation:

Bombay Sapphire

Maraschino Liquer

Lemon juice

Creme de Violette

Garnish with a Bada Bing cherry

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

dark-n-stormy.png?w=225&h=300 a Dark and Stormy (Dark Rum +Ginger Beer & Lime) Bermudas favorite Cocktail.]

But make sure you ask for Goslins Dark Rum, the only true Bermudian rum. Yummy, just don't drink more than one or two!;)

Well when I make them at home this is my Cosmo Recipe:

1.5 oz Grey Goose

1.0 Oz Cointreau

1.5 Oz of Orange Juice

Garnish with an orange slice and maraschino cherry

Shake over ice in Martini Shaker.

5363.jpgPersonally, I cannot abide Cointreau (BAD experience at a High School Dance), so I've always preferred Cosmopolitans made with Triple Sec and of course the traditional Cranberry Juice.

whitecosmopolitan.jpgAn interesting play on this recipe is using White Cranberry Juice, which makes it read from afar as a true Martini or a Gimlet

-the White Cranberry version is known locally here (in Manhattan, anyway) as a Lana Turner.

I like to think that Miss Turner wold be pleased.....

0315f78fab36aab3dc6f32d9e9141614.jpg

The Cointreau is the better version of triple sec. Get rid if the grenadine and use the classic ingredient: cranberry juice.

In fact, skip the Cosmo and have an Aviation:

Bombay Sapphire

Maraschino Liquer

Lemon juice

Creme de Violette

Garnish with a Bada Bing cherry

Love these! Unfortunately, not many bars on land stock all the ingredients let alone a ship. I do keep these on hand in my own bar of course ;)

I am not sure what the drink is made with, but I sat down one day at the Martini Bar on a peaceful Transatlantic cruise day and decided to use my drink package. I asked what a Cosmo tasted like and after the 12th one I realized they tasted pretty damn good.

Every once in a while I view the video I shot with my iphone as he was making my 12th Cosmo and I told him to say something for the video, to which he announced, "Mr. Lane, you are the Cosmopolitan Champion of the World!!" It was right after that taking that video that I asked if there was a chance they could bring the restroom to me....laughing.

Last year on our TA, when I wasn't thrilled with the cosmo I ordered in Martinis, and after discussing w/ the barman how I like my cosmo, Baptiste made me another and then another until it was pure perfection. After that, whenever he saw me come into Martinis, I had my perfect cosmo each time. So, don't be afraid to let the barman know how you like your cosmo.