Guest aboard for dinner or lunch?

NCP

Does anyone know if it is possible to make arrangements with Oceania to bring guests aboard for dinner at a port of call? We would be willing to cover the cost of their meal.

I would love to hear any input.

Thank you

We were able to do so with Renaissance, but that was six months before 9/11. Even then, it was at the captain's discretion ... sometimes that permitted it but other times not.

Since then it's pretty impossible, I think.

Mura

Crystal allows it, you have put in a written request ahead of time. Hapag-Lloyd allows it. Both charge a fee for lunch/dinner. Guess it depends on the line.

Sent from my SM-T320 using Forums mobile app

Regent allows it, or did in 2010, when my son and d-i-l joined us for lunch in Miami. The arrangements had to be made at least 30 days ahead, and they had to show picture ID and go through security, but they spent a good part of the afternoon aboard with us before we sailed. It was their "reward" for driving us to the port. We were told we would be charged, but in the end we were not -- for lunch or for drinks.

IMAG0078.jpg

However, I don't know if they're still doing it or not. As Oceania's sister line, one would think Oceania would do the same, but I haven't tried -- and I've heard it can't be done.

Edited by hondorner

We have 20+ cruises with O and have requested a few times, including this past year if we could bring on some family member(s) while we visited a port of their residence, eg. Australia. The request was denied every time.

It's a big NO..and we had an owner suite...You can't even bring someone to a pre-departing cocktail party. So find a nice place to eat off ship near the port and enjoy your friends.

Rick

Edited by ronrick1943