Sea Days on Star Pride

caviargal

I am looking at several options on the "Star" ships and one has three sea days. While I do like one or two I am not sure about three out of seven.

Other than relaxing on a deck chair with a book, do these ships offer anything special on sea days?

We were on the Pride on the Arabia cruise with plenty of sea days out of the 18. Because of the itinerary we had two talks each day on where we were going, the history of the region, etc. I think it depends on your itinerary if they will do the same, otherwise food, drink and a book on deck are your primary options

Don't forget Team Trivia!

Still "upset" that the answers were very much geared to British terminologies, and American answers were ruled incorrect. Rampant cheating. (only kidding, it passed the time.) We also had a pleasant hour where members of the crew had wacky definitions for unusual words.

You find things to do - we had a group of jig saw puzzlers who were at it for hours, the lectures were great - a tip of the hat to Yvonne. We watched some Bollywood on our way to India. We had a cooking contest sort of like Chopped. I read a lot, and got excited whenever we came close enough to shore that a bunch of email flowed through to my phone. I spent a really fun hour on the bridge chatting up the captain. We met some nice people, one couple we're likely meeting later this month during another journey that puts us in the same place at the same time. The yacht club reception was one of those evenings.

But, at the end of the day those days felt like vacation time wasted.

We were on Star Pride in March. We only had one sea day, but it disappeared so quickly!

The activities we enjoyed were a galley tour, Q&A with the captain and other crew, and destination lectures.

There were other options which we did not attend (have dug out the daily newsletters to check what was on). Cooking demo, Health Seminar, Team Trivia, photography classes.

We are not lovers of sea days and try to avoid having them as far as possible on any cruise, but I think even we could have coped with more than one!

• 1 month later...

We had only one sea day on our Athens to Istanbul cruise and it was the last day of the trip. Though there wasn't much to do on board, we could have used this day mid week with the intensive itinerary. Wouldn't have wanted two sea days though as there weren't a lot of onboard activities.

Edited by Amma24