Laundry fee on Star Breeze

Lemailu

Booked on Star Breeze departure August 31st and wondering if anyone can tell me what the fee would be per cabin for laundry/ironing and whether it is well done.

It helps to know that you can get it done before packing....especially since we are staying some time in Athens first and then some time in Venice after the cruise. We wear a lot of cotton and white hence the question.

Thanks.

I'm on the cruise right before you. I paid $140 for the laundry package. I have had the package before and they do a fantastic job. Sometimes. Y linen shirts look a little to pressed for me but they are returned on hangers looking store new.

Thank you all. Hope I can buy it as we board because I cannot do anything online (their website is the worst I had experience with), our TA has to go through an office handling Windstar Cruises and replies are very slow to come through. But will try to buy it now...

Definitely hope the cruise will be fine because I am not impressed at all with Windstar's communication skills. For example : I sent an e-mail to Guest Relations about one month ago and did not get any reply.

Crossing my fingers .....

Thank you all. Hope I can buy it as we board because I cannot do anything online (their website is the worst I had experience with), our TA has to go through an office handling Windstar Cruises and replies are very slow to come through. But will try to buy it now...

Definitely hope the cruise will be fine because I am not impressed at all with Windstar's communication skills. For example : I sent an e-mail to Guest Relations about one month ago and did not get any reply.

Crossing my fingers .....

It's there. When you go through to your itinerary there's a long list of various and sundry things you can purchase before your trip, one of which is the laundry package.

Under the Onboard Amenities Tab, its toward the bottom. For our 7 day itin in December they're asking $109 per cabin.

If you're a first time cruiser and you have to set up online access I'm not sure how you link an existing reservation. I had a look and don't immediately see a way to do so.

When you get to your cabin there will be a list of services you can purchase, one of which is the laundry service. A couple of years ago I bought the service when we went on board and got a discount. Don't know that that will be the case on your cruise.

The laundry package is definitely worth it, particularly if doing pre- and post-cruise stays. The cost is dependent upon the length of the cruise. We're on the August 31st Venetian Passageways cruise too and the unlimited laundry fee is $140 per cabin (no dry cleaning). The package has to be ordered either before the cruise via the My Windstar section of the Web site or on the first day of the cruise through guest services. They won't let you add it after the first day.

I have also sent an e-mail enquiry to Windstar and not got a response. Will be mentioning that on the comment card.

I am a first time cruiser on Windstar. After making the reservation with my TA I filled in all information required on their website to get access to "My Windstar" and ---- I got "you have no upcoming voyage" --- this has bothered me and made me also wonder if I did have a reservation .

Have repeatedly sent e-mails to no avail.

However, I received some confirmation by mail and now I feel better although I still cannot do anything online. When I log in and try it still says "you have no upcoming voyage".....

Thank you for the information - I will book it as we check in.

I am a first time cruiser on Windstar. After making the reservation with my TA I filled in all information required on their website to get access to "My Windstar" and ---- I got "you have no upcoming voyage" --- this has bothered me and made me also wonder if I did have a reservation .

Have repeatedly sent e-mails to no avail.

However, I received some confirmation by mail and now I feel better although I still cannot do anything online. When I log in and try it still says "you have no upcoming voyage".....

Thank you for the information - I will book it as we check in.

When you see that message click on the left and bar where it says something like booked itineraries and that calls them up for me. Usually. Or maybe not.

• 2 months later...

This post is a bit late in coming but I also had trouble signing in.

Found out, through my TA, that I had to contact them and provide certain information ... I think my mailing address ... I'm not sure. Anyway, Windstar has to do something on their end to set up the sign in.

My suggestion is to just call. I've had excellent results with phone calls.

We had the laundry package in the Caribbean last winter and it was excellent. We had stayed for six days pre-cruise in Barbados and on embarking bought the package immediately and gave our cabin steward all our laundry. No problem!

All came back the next day like new. We then put out laundry each day, so when we went home I just had two days' worth of washing to do. Would highly recommend it.

One tip - was advised on this board if you have items that can't be rumble dried mark the laundry slip 'line dry only'. We did, and no problems.

Will be getting it again on our cruise next month.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi, just back from our first cruise on the Star Breeze. The laundry package was well worth it. They did an excellent job. Made it much easier to pack less, knowing that we could have the laundry done throughout the cruise. They took great care with everything and returned it promptly.

Hi, just back from our first cruise on the Star Breeze. The laundry package was well worth it. They did an excellent job. Made it much easier to pack less, knowing that we could have the laundry done throughout the cruise. They took great care with everything and returned it promptly.

Based on this type of feedback, my DH and I were even wondering if we might get away with much smaller suitcases LOL

Question for you off laundry topic but has to do with clothing ... did you need a sports jacket for the dining room at night? My husband doesn't want to take one and it does take up a lot of suitcase room ....

did you need a sports jacket for the dining room at night? My husband doesn't want to take one and it does take up a lot of suitcase room ....

Sports jacket not necessary. Like fpardo87, Tom and I always manage our Windstar cruises with a carry-on and small bag only. We have never taken the laundry package, just sent a few items to be laundered during the cruise. However, if we were to have several days pre or post cruise, we would definitely consider the package.

I've seen that on marketing materials for the sailing ships as well. The president of the cruise line recently confirmed that there is no difference between the services and products on the sailings vs. power yachts. Jackets are truly not required.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Based on this type of feedback, my DH and I were even wondering if we might get away with much smaller suitcases LOL

Question for you off laundry topic but has to do with clothing ... did you need a sports jacket for the dining room at night? My husband doesn't want to take one and it does take up a lot of suitcase room ....

Well my husband did take his sport jacket, but I think he only wore it once or twice.

Even on my Rome to Venice cruise, blazers/sports jackets were in the minority. I think that the laid back atmosphere permeates everything (definitely my definition of a vacation). With that said, your husband won't be out of place in a jacket. I guess it's a matter of preference, but a jacket is not a "must pack" if that's how you're looking at it.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk