Cruise Critic Review: Wind Spirit in Tahiti

CruiseCriticAUeditor

Hi all,

Cruise Critic was onboard last week's sailing of Wind Spirit in Tahiti. Here are our hits and misses. Happy to answer any questions while the memories are fresh.

http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/blog/just-back-from-windstar-cruises-wind-spirit-in-tahiti/

Louise Goldsbury

Australia Editor

Cruise Critic

Edited by CruiseCriticAUeditor

Hi all,

Cruise Critic was onboard last week's sailing of Wind Spirit in Tahiti. Here are our hits and misses. Happy to answer any questions while the memories are fresh.

http://www.cruisecritic.com.au/blog/just-back-from-windstar-cruises-wind-spirit-in-tahiti/

Louise Goldsbury

Australia Editor

Cruise Critic

Trip sounds awesome! It's on my list [emoji3]

Great to read Boon recognized. He is a great asset to the line.

Before Windstar had announced they were re-entering the FP market we booked on the Paul Gauguin. That was a less than great cruise, and as we got off we saw the Spirit which rubbed salt into our wounds.

We're not sure we'll ever return to French Polynesia, but if we do it would definitely be on the Wind Spirit.

Thanks for the review! We are super looking forward to our August 21 sailing.

Do you remember at which ports was the ship docked at the pier and at which ports was a tender required? If it's a tender, how early do they start running in the morning? I have arranged to be picked up by a couple of local diving operators and want to make sure that I can make it.

Thanks!!

It only docks in one port: Raiatea.

Tenders start within an hour of arriving, so you can look up the arrival times on the Windstar website, or if you let me know which ports you have dive tours, I can look up the times. I've kept all the daily newsletters :)

Pretty sure you'll be fine, nobody starts working too early in Tahiti!

Fortunately the tenders are large enough for 30% of the guests, and it is only five minutes between the ship and the dock. We were always able to be on the first tender on Windstar if we wanted--unlike the big ships which do tickets and won't let people go until all the shore excursions have left.

Set for the September 11 sailing, so excited!!!!

They mentioned wet landings. How often should we expect that to be the case?

When we were on the PG we landed wet at the private motus. I would imagine it would be the same for Spirit. We were ankle deep at one and close to knee deep at the other.

• 3 months later...

We will be on the Windspirit in January for their 11 night cruise and are in the process of booking independent excursions.

When the ship was in Bora Bora, do you remember what time the evening event was at? I want to be sure that we are back from our excursion in time to take part.

Did you have access to the Motu in Bora Bora all day on both days there or just the first day there? I assume they ran a tender from the ship there directly?

Thank you for any information you can provide.

Peter