Liquor/Beer store at port

kayehall

• 2 weeks later...

You won't get duty free to take onto the island, they'll only deliver to. The ship. Most of the stores at or walking distance from the port are duty-free.

There are a couple of liquor/beer stores along Seven Mile Beach, but I've never seen coolers there. You have to take the bus or a taxi, and then take another to your destination. (Keeping in mind that you can't BYO at any of the beach clubs, ie anywhere with facilities.)

The prices are high, though. Like really high. Like around $50 CI for a case of beer.

My recommendation is to just buy drinks at one of the beach bars along Seven Mile Beach. It's a lot easier, IMO.

We were going to take a cat to Stingray and then 1 snorkel stop. We are allowed to bring our own alcohol. So I would just need a couple of mini bottles of wine or vodka and maybe 12 pack beer. The cat will supply ice, non alcoholic mixers and lite vittles.

We were going to take a cat to Stingray and then 1 snorkel stop. We are allowed to bring our own alcohol. So I would just need a couple of mini bottles of wine or vodka and maybe 12 pack beer. The cat will supply ice, non alcoholic mixers and lite vittles.

I'm assuming that the tour operator is picking you up at the port? If so, they have to drive by two or three different liquor stores on the way to where the catamaran is likely docked. Just arrange for them to make a brief stop so you can run in. But take a fat wallet...for example, 12 cans of bud light run about $25 US.

Big Daddy's is one of the ones you'd drive by, but they don't have a ton of pricing on their website. - http://bigdaddys.ky

This store (which isn't on the way) has a better online catalogue to give you an idea of typical prices - https://jacquesscottonline.com - keep in mind the prices are in CI$, which are worth $1.20 US

Edited by bookbabe

Really illegal? Even if I purchase them from my mini bar in the cabin?:confused:

I don't think day visitors are allowed to bring alcohol onto the island. I know if you come by plane you have to declare it at customs and you have a certain allowance you can bring in for personal consumption but I don't think that applies to visitors arriving by cruise ship.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm looking to just buy a 24pk or two of Caybrew while I'm there. Were would be my best option to buy a case to bring home to friends/family?

I've never seen beer in any of the duty free shops, but then again I wasn't really looking.

There are lots of liquor stores along the road parallel toSeven Mile Beach, and I'm sure most of those would carry it.

However, I'd contact Caybrew via their Facebook page and ask if any of the duty free stores carry it.

https://www.facebook.com/CAYBREW-The-Cayman-Islands-Brewery-7850045982/

I'm not sure if you'd be able to get a case purchased at one of the regular stores back on the ship, or even onto the tender. If that's the only way you can get it, I'd contact your cruise line to check if you can bring it on board and how.

you can bring coolers with drinks to the public beach (next to calico jacks)

we asked a few people where they got the supplies and they said their was a convenience store in port. I couldnt tell you where or what store but they made it seem pretty easy. The locals there are incredibly nice and helpful. Im sure you could ask some one once youre there :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Updating one tidbit about on island purchase...

Just this week the Liquor Licensing Board approved licenses for a few gas stations to sell alcoholic beverages. The most relevant to the cruiser is Mike's Rubis gas station on Seven Mile Beach (West Bay Rd next to Pizza Hut) which has won approval for a liquor license. Not sure how fast they can implement it, but that might be a convenient stop in the near future for cruisers wanting to pick up a bit before hitting the beach.

Per the terms of the "package licence" granted to Mike's and the other gas stations they may not sell alcohol on Sundays. They may each apply for a "retail license" soon, which would permit Sunday sales, if granted.