New to DCL ... Again

cruiserninja1

Haven't sailed on DCL since 2013 and our next cruise will be 2017 . Has anything changed drastically since ?

We will besos long on the Wonder again and when we did so the first time we went up to the Front Desk upon boarding and asked for tickets to the princess tea party .

I've heard that character meet and greets require tickets now too .

What is the best way to obtain those tickets and are there new events to look out for ?

Haven't sailed on DCL since 2013 and our next cruise will be 2017 . Has anything changed drastically since ?

We will besos long on the Wonder again and when we did so the first time we went up to the Front Desk upon boarding and asked for tickets to the princess tea party .

I've heard that character meet and greets require tickets now too .

What is the best way to obtain those tickets and are there new events to look out for ?

When we sailed the Wonder this past September they were issuing meet and greet tickets in Cadillac Lounge on embarkation day.

If you're a alcohol drinker, they've but back on the amount of alcohol you can board with.

You are no longer allowed to drop off items at guest services to have autographed by the characters, but they will sign them at meet and greets.

The Wonder is scheduled for a long dry dock this fall but DCL has not released what changes will be made. Some of the changes should be; Beach Blanket turning into Cabanas, Parrot Cay turning into Cariocas, Studio Sea turning into D Lounge and a few others. They did replace all beds, sofas etc in the cabins recently.

Toy Story the Musical either just went away or is going away soon and being replaced by a Frozen, (I think), show.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

When we sailed the Wonder this past September they were issuing meet and greet tickets in Cadillac Lounge on embarkation day.

If you're a alcohol drinker, they've but back on the amount of alcohol you can board with.

You are no longer allowed to drop off items at guest services to have autographed by the characters, but they will sign them at meet and greets.

The Wonder is scheduled for a long dry dock this fall but DCL has not released what changes will be made. Some of the changes should be; Beach Blanket turning into Cabanas, Parrot Cay turning into Cariocas, Studio Sea turning into D Lounge and a few others. They did replace all beds, sofas etc in the cabins recently.

Toy Story the Musical either just went away or is going away soon and being replaced by a Frozen, (I think), show.

That's all I can think of at the moment.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank you. So much great information . I'm sure there will be more changes after the dry dock ! I won't be sailing until January 20th , 2017!

Check your Welcome Aboard Navigator for the location of ticket distribution. We've seen it at Guest Services, Port Adventures, and one of the lounges. Same for location of dining changes--seen it in Studio Sea, one of the lounges, and one of the restaurants. Or, you can ask your "guide" who welcomes you upon boarding.

The free princess tea party is a thing of the past. There is a princess gathering that requires tickets as well as a few select meet and greets. The vast majority of meet and greets still involve the line up approach. Depending on cruise length, there may be a character breakfast, also ticketed. They have done away with the "everyone has a spot based on your dining rotation" and opted for a free ticket system so they know how many will be attending.

The recent meet and greets with tickets were Frozen and Marvel characters. The character breakfast was Disney, Jr. characters.

The other big things have already been named. I'd suggest that you keep your eyes and ears open for confirmation of changes after the dry dock. One can guess that they will mirror the Magic's changes, but no guest knows for sure.

Check your Welcome Aboard Navigator for the location of ticket distribution. We've seen it at Guest Services' date=' Port Adventures, and one of the lounges. Same for location of dining changes--seen it in Studio Sea, one of the lounges, and one of the restaurants. Or, you can ask your "guide" who welcomes you upon boarding.

The free princess tea party is a thing of the past. There is a princess gathering that requires tickets as well as a few select meet and greets. The vast majority of meet and greets still involve the line up approach. Depending on cruise length, there may be a character breakfast, also ticketed. They have done away with the "everyone has a spot based on your dining rotation" and opted for a free ticket system so they know how many will be attending.

The recent meet and greets with tickets were Frozen and Marvel characters. The character breakfast was Disney, Jr. characters.

The other big things have already been named. I'd suggest that you keep your eyes and ears open for confirmation of changes after the dry dock. One can guess that they will mirror the Magic's changes, but no guest knows for sure.[/quote']

Thank you!

Check your Welcome Aboard Navigator for the location of ticket distribution. We've seen it at Guest Services' date=' Port Adventures, and one of the lounges. Same for location of dining changes--seen it in Studio Sea, one of the lounges, and one of the restaurants. Or, you can ask your "guide" who welcomes you upon boarding.

The other big things have already been named. I'd suggest that you keep your eyes and ears open for confirmation of changes after the dry dock. One can guess that they will mirror the Magic's changes, but no guest knows for sure.[/quote']

is it difficult to get meet and greet tickets? is it a long line? do they run out of tickets?

is it difficult to get meet and greet tickets? is it a long line? do they run out of tickets?

It depends on the cruise. Yes, they do run out of tickets--get them the first day as soon as possible after boarding. A Dream cruise is more likely to run out than a longer cruise or a cruise on a smaller ship just because there are more guests and less time than on the other ships. A 7 night Magic cruise--no problem, plenty of tickets.

Bottom line--the longer the cruise, the better chance you have of getting all the tickets and reservations that you might want.

Line for the meet and greet is very short--that's that point of the tickets. Line to get the tickets....yeah, that can be a bear. After we board, we "divide and conquer." One adult can go to the line for tickets for whatever. Another adult can deal with dining changes, Palo reservations, or anything else we need to accomplish.

It is a lot better since the meet and greet tickets have a separate line/location. When it used to be at Guest Services, it was really long as people are in that line for lots of reasons. The ticket line moves quickly as you basically walk up and get it. You get to the front of the line, they ask how many people. Tell them the number in your cabin and give them a KTTW card. They will say "Thursday, 10:15," and hand you the ticket. Unless you protest, that is what you get. They don't offer choices unless you say something like "That's in the middle of our Palo brunch; are there any other times?" If there is a legit conflict, they can give you a different day or time. They don't let people choose because if they did, people would stand there trying to figure things out and delay the line.

Edited by moki'smommy

It depends on the cruise. Yes' date=' they do run out of tickets--get them the first day as soon as possible after boarding. A Dream cruise is more likely to run out than a longer cruise or a cruise on a smaller ship just because there are more guests and less time than on the other ships. A 7 night Magic cruise--no problem, plenty of tickets.

Bottom line--the longer the cruise, the better chance you have of getting all the tickets and reservations that you might want.

Line for the meet and greet is very short--that's that point of the tickets. Line to get the tickets....yeah, that can be a bear. After we board, we "divide and conquer." One adult can go to the line for tickets for whatever. Another adult can deal with dining changes, Palo reservations, or anything else we need to accomplish.

It is a lot better since the meet and greet tickets have a separate line/location. When it used to be at Guest Services, it was really long as people are in that line for lots of reasons. The ticket line moves quickly as you basically walk up and get it. You get to the front of the line, they ask how many people. Tell them the number in your cabin and give them a KTTW card. They will say "Thursday, 10:15," and hand you the ticket. Unless you protest, that is what you get. They don't offer choices unless you say something like "That's in the middle of our Palo brunch; are there any other times?" If there is a legit conflict, they can give you a different day or time. They don't let people choose because if they did, people would stand there trying to figure things out and delay the line.[/quote']

thanks! so they give out tickets for one particular character? or are there many different tickets for many different characters?

sorry for all the questions, but haven't been on DCL in a few years and it seems things have changed a bit....(and i'm a planner after all :) )

thanks! so they give out tickets for one particular character? or are there many different tickets for many different characters?

sorry for all the questions, but haven't been on DCL in a few years and it seems things have changed a bit....(and i'm a planner after all :) )

There is one ticket for "Princess Gathering." This is typically 4-6 princesses. Frozen princesses will NOT be there....at least not on any cruise I've been on.

There is one ticket for "Frozen Characters." There will be music from the film, a Frozen backdrop, Anna, Elsa, sometimes Olaf, etc. One ticket for the event, not one per character. Your family group will have about 3-5 minutes for hugs, autographs, photos, etc. If it is dragging out too much, the handlers will move you along, but most of the time it doesn't feel at all rushed. We each got individual photos plus a group shot.

There is one ticket for "Marvel Characters." It is very similar to "Frozen" but with different characters.

There is one ticket for "Character Breakfast." Currently this is with Disney, Jr. characters.

Not all of these events are available on all cruises. The exact characters at each event can vary, but I've never been aware of Frozen without Elsa AND Anna.

SO, if you are on a cruise where all are available, your CABIN will have 4 tickets. It is one ticket per cabin, not per person (or at least it was). Our tickets indicated "3 guests."

Edited by moki'smommy

There is one ticket for "Princess Gathering." This is typically 4-6 princesses. Frozen princesses will NOT be there....at least not on any cruise I've been on.

There is one ticket for "Frozen Characters." There will be music from the film' date=' a Frozen backdrop, Anna, Elsa, sometimes Olaf, etc. One ticket for the event, not one per character. Your family group will have about 3-5 minutes for hugs, autographs, photos, etc. If it is dragging out too much, the handlers will move you along, but most of the time it doesn't feel at all rushed. We each got individual photos plus a group shot.

There is one ticket for "Marvel Characters." It is very similar to "Frozen" but with different characters.

There is one ticket for "Character Breakfast." Currently this is with Disney, Jr. characters.

Not all of these events are available on all cruises. The exact characters at each event can vary, but I've never been aware of Frozen without Elsa AND Anna.

SO, if you are on a cruise where all are available, your CABIN will have 4 tickets. It is one ticket per cabin, not per person (or at least it was). Our tickets indicated "3 guests."[/quote']

thanks so much for that very comprehensive response!!!! very very helpful!!! thanks for taking the time !!!! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I thought you were still no longer allowed to bring liquor onboard just 2 bottles of wine or 6 beers in each port? Have I missed something? Sailed last year on the cruise before this was brought in and haven't spotted anything since to say this bit had changed but I think I may have missed a mention of this somewhere. Does anyone have the info?

There is one ticket for "Frozen Characters." There will be music from the film' date=' a Frozen backdrop, Anna, Elsa, sometimes Olaf, etc. One ticket for the event, not one per character. Your family group will have about 3-5 minutes for hugs, autographs, photos, etc. If it is dragging out too much, the handlers will move you along, but most of the time it doesn't feel at all rushed. We each got individual photos plus a group shot.

SO, if you are on a cruise where all are available, your CABIN will have 4 tickets. It is one ticket per cabin, not per person (or at least it was). Our tickets indicated "3 guests."[/quote']

hi! it seems they've started something new - advance reservations for these events.

DD will be on the magic in the med in september (she just decided to go - she was already past final payment when they reserved) -

she was able to make online reservations for the princess gathering, the frozen meet and the character breakfast.

she was able to get any time she wanted - which made it harder in some ways. She wasn't sure what was a good time for her.

But in any case, there's now one less thing to have to do when she boards the ship!!

Edited by alaska_planner

hi! it seems they've started something new - advance reservations for these events.

DD will be on the magic in the med in september (she just decided to go - she was already past final payment when they reserved) -

she was able to make online reservations for the princess gathering, the frozen meet and the character breakfast.

she was able to get any time she wanted - which made it harder in some ways. She wasn't sure what was a good time for her.

But in any case, there's now one less thing to have to do when she boards the ship!!

Marvels meet and greet however isn't showing so she might still need to go get this once onboard if she wants this one - just to warn her

Marvels meet and greet however isn't showing so she might still need to go get this once onboard if she wants this one - just to warn her

good point! thanks, i'll mention it to her...

that one is REALLY important for her...

much more than the others, since she's already "met" them ;)

good point! thanks, i'll mention it to her...

that one is REALLY important for her...

much more than the others, since she's already "met" them ;)

No worries! I'm hoping by the time I next sail (next September) they might have added these on there too to save me a job onboard.

i told her to check into this when she gets on board in barcelona..

she was disappointed to hear that the marvel meet and greet was ticketed and she'd only be able to see them once....she was hoping to see them multiple times..

True, but 3 minutes for "just your party" with almost no line beat the horrendously long lines and hoping that you get to the front before the character goes on break...and if you are lucky, you get 1 minute because the long line behind you is obvious.

SO glad that they started allowing people to book tickets in advance. Less work for guests and staff!

since I have not sailed with DCL Ina few years , does anyone have a list of the prices for the photo package ?

PHOTOS (May 2016)

Individual prices are:

8X10 - $20.95

6X8 - $14.95

The packages are 6 ($99.95), 10 ($149.95), 15 ($199.95), and 20 ($249.95) photos. Different length cruises have different options. You can also purchase an all prints package (all your photos printed) for the same cost as the length of cruise CD.

The length of cruise CD cost varies with length of cruise. The prices I've seen are (for pre-cruise purchase/onboard cost):

7 night $295.95/$100.00 to add prints/$349.95, $100.00 to add prints;

5 night $249.95/$50.00 to add prints;

4 night $194.95/$75.00 to add prints/$229.95, $75.00 to add prints;

2 night $199.95/$50.00 to add prints

Special CD prices

14 night $339.95/$100.00 to add prints;

12 night $399.95 or $339.95/$100.00 to add prints

The 6, 10, 15, & 20 photo packages can be either prints or the CD with 6, 10, 15, or 20 photos unlocked for your access once home.

Recent reports have the prices for onboard purchases of the above packages at $50.00 more than the pre-purchase price.

PHOTOS (May 2016)

Individual prices are:

8X10 - $20.95

6X8 - $14.95

The packages are 6 ($99.95), 10 ($149.95), 15 ($199.95), and 20 ($249.95) photos. Different length cruises have different options. You can also purchase an all prints package (all your photos printed) for the same cost as the length of cruise CD.

The length of cruise CD cost varies with length of cruise. The prices I've seen are (for pre-cruise purchase/onboard cost):

7 night $295.95/$100.00 to add prints/$349.95, $100.00 to add prints;

5 night $249.95/$50.00 to add prints;

4 night $194.95/$75.00 to add prints/$229.95, $75.00 to add prints;

2 night $199.95/$50.00 to add prints

Special CD prices

14 night $339.95/$100.00 to add prints;

12 night $399.95 or $339.95/$100.00 to add prints

The 6, 10, 15, & 20 photo packages can be either prints or the CD with 6, 10, 15, or 20 photos unlocked for your access once home.

Recent reports have the prices for onboard purchases of the above packages at $50.00 more than the pre-purchase price.

Thank you! We are taking a 6 day cruise . So I'm guessing the prices listed will be between a 5 and 6 day cruise . Awesome !

• 6 months later...

Apparently all of the tickets are sold out on the day we wanted tickets. What do we do now? I wanted it for the day we are at sea. The only other day was when we were in port and we have a conflict with the time. Anyone know?

Apparently all of the tickets are sold out on the day we wanted tickets. What do we do now? I wanted it for the day we are at sea. The only other day was when we were in port and we have a conflict with the time. Anyone know?

Tickets for what?

Tickets for what?

Shmoo, the page before is discussing M&G tickets.

sunnybaby, you *may* have some chance of getting M&G tickets after you board by visiting the shore excursion desk.

I don't know if you are on the Dream, or other ship, but if you are on a short cruise, the tickets are harder to get, and the milted amount of time aboard dictates that.

I think you need to decide which activity to prioritize, your M&G experience or the activity ashore you have a conflict with.

OR, you could take the chance and see if there are any tickets for whatever it is you are looking for.

Realistically, the choice is yours to be made.

(oh, and it does help to be more open about what you want when you post! Otherwise it can lead to more questions and or confusion!)

ex techie

Part of the confusion is that M&G tickets are not "sold," they are free. So words like "issued" or "taken" would be more appropriate.

As Techie said, you can't do everything, particularly on a short cruise. Sometimes you have to decide which activity is more important to you. You can always try to get tickets after boarding; the success with this seems to vary. We were able to, but recent reports imply that they may not be doing that now.

Bottom line, if you could do "everything" in a 3 or 4 night cruise, you wouldn't have as much incentive to come back!